Grip gal closes #1

strongmitts

grip gal @ 19 years old and 122 lbs closed the #1 a few days ago.  She has already started working  on the BBM, getting it down to 3/4".  Her routine consists of multiple singles everyday on the trainer and #1.  Good job!   :D

Guest sjeff70

I don't know how you guys can do that everyday.  When I was doing strapholds, every three or 4 days, after about 2 weeks I couldn't even close it.  

For those training grippers every day, are you doing only singles?  I'm working on my volume because when I was doing the strapholds, I only did two sets after a warmup, each hand.  I recently started doing lots of singles on one day and strapholds on the other.  I've gotten excellent results but I do it every 6-7 days.  With my experience if I tried to do that every day, there's no freaken way!

I might be able to see it if I where to use only singles, after one increases to sufficient volume.

sjeff,

I can't tell you what I'm currently doing but I can say that I try to go 200% on every set of every exercises and it will take plastic surgery to make my hand look good. No pain, no gain.

I go about 200% too & my hands are sore all the time. Tou is right, no pain, no gain. Just like Doug Hepburn said, you're a lot tougher body-wise than you think, Or like Joe Kinney said, train like you've got a gun to your head.

Guest sjeff70

If you guys actually progress each workout, you all must have an amazing capacity for work.  So even if you have to regress in your gripper training a little bit, it's okay; as long as your beating the #### out of your hand???  This would make sense.  Progressing each time would not.  If you are, then I would have a hard time believing that some of you are working as hard as you can!  :)  I'm just trying to make sense of it all.

Yea Christian, I think I need work on the middle of my sweep!  It's weird but I can actually keep the #1 closed if I cheat it shut, but I cannot quite get a full rep out of it yet.  I'm real close too.

Guest sjeff70

I just tried to close my Trainer - after my workout yesterday - to check something out.  I barely closed it on either hand whereas I should be able to close it at least 30 + times either hand.  I could see beating the #### out of my hands with a workout today, but wouldn't I have to back off after a while to see what I've gained?

When you've got a construction job & your foreman is a KGB agent you won't be able to stop or even slow down to have a rest. Go like that 10hrs a day for days on end & you can either adapt or die. Your body doesn't like dying, so you have to get stronger. One more time: you're a lot tougher bodywise than you think.

Just watching Riotgrip mash closed that #3....

Yeah, I'm glad for her!  Most girls can't even begin to put a dent in the Trainer!  Watch out, Elizabeth!!  :p

awww thank you guys for the support! Maybe i'll get a pic of me closing the #1 in a bikini...OH I KNOW YOU WOULD LOVE THAT SYBERSNOTT! ;)  hehe

-gripgal  :hehe

Gripgal,

We've NEVER had a gal in a bikini closing a gripper before on this forum!!  You would be the first!!  (And you're right... Sybersnott would love it!!).  :D  :p  :p