June 22, 2002

Roark

Well, something is supposed to happen tonight

at the Oldtimers gathering in New Jersey. Those

of you attending, pay attention; do not leave early,

take photos, note the time the special event happens.

If it happens as planned, in my view it will be something

that has never been accomplished before in public.

I'll be offline for a few days, but am eager to later read the

reports you post.

There is no guarantee the attempt will be successful. The

person involved has twice succeeded in private though.

Enjoy!

I betcha someones gonna close the #4. Heath is making a plane trip, so why not him?

Oh I know what it is... John Wood doing his Inch replica farmer's walk! Richard will take his & John will have his dad's & he'll go for a stroll with them both.  :)

Wrong!!

It was Mark Henry CLEANING and PRESSING OVERHEAD the Inch Dumbbell!!  It was an awesome sight to see!!  :)

That and Riotgrip became the NEWEST COC witnessed by me, Steve and Randall Strossen himself (who took pics as he was closing the #3 gripper)!!  What an incredible event it was!!  And I got the best parts on videotape for all-time.  I'm so happy I attended!!  I wish everyone could of be there - truly amazing!!!  Mere words can't describe it.....

It would have been even greater if the original Inch bell had been made available. Seeing as it is now in the USA, maybe it's owner will bring it along with him next year (his son can carry it like hand lugggage.) That way nobody will worry about the varying weight claimed for the replicas.

The replica was Richard Sorin's.  You can bet that it was the proper weight and handle width.  No one asked, just watching the rest of the crowd do nothing with the dumbbell made it clear that it wasn't a 150-pound dumbbell.  By the way, Richard gave Mark Henry a dumbbell to practice on, but the one Mark used for the attempt was a different one that he had never seen or touched until the attempt.  I'm sure Richard can answer some questions when he gets back.

David Horne, your message box is full and I need to reply.

I gotta tell you guys, John Wood was about as impressive as they get.  Heath and I kind of goaded him into trying the Inch Dumbell.  He was as cold (as in not warmed up) as can be, really didn't want to do anything with it, wearing a nice suit, no chalk, drove in from Detroit and was kind enough to RIP it off the ground for Heath and I with authority.  Let me tell you we both appreciated it.  This guy is UNREAL, and at his age I can't begin to imagine what he can accomplish.  Thanks John, keep it up.

So..... who's training to LIFT it next year??  :p   :0  :hehe

Picking it up with two hands is easy.  I was the one that took it off the table that Mark Henry set it down on.  All I could do is spin it on the ground.  What Mark did.... that was an incredible feat of strength!!  :)