Hand Dynamometer

Lukeallard

Just wondered if any of you guys owned a hand dynamometer. I was thinking it would be pretty useful for measuring progress and one's strength. I bought a cheap one off ebay but it only goes up to 80kg (176 lbs)which is pretty useless. :flame

I also did a search on google but I can't find any which go over 200lbs.

Any thoughts.

Cheers

They are spendy but it would be fun...not that it means too much. A professor of mine had me demonstrate it...I pulled a 78 on the right and a 68 on the left, was real slippery, should have chalked up, also warm-ups are good too...

I have one; it's a Baseline Smedley type of hand dyno. I'll take some pics and throw them up here to show you what it looks like. :)

I have a Lafayette Jamar hydraulic hand dynamometer.goes up to 200lbs. i purchased it at wisdomking.com. great deal at $220.55. my hand surgeon uses this model.there was a post regarding a model that went up to i think 300lbs.you might want to do a search.there is alot of info on the board regarding this topic including the correlation between a gripper poundage rating and a pull on a hd.

Ive seen one and used one that goes to 280, I think its the one that clay has used. I used it at handgripperman's place, he got it to 242 (a new PR for him by 2lbs) and i got it to 221. Its alot of fun and you do see progress. Back in december of last year at a grip gathering i used it and got like 187 or 197, somthing like that (it was the same one last time and this time) so ive made a little progress in a year...

By the way, my numbers were in kg... :tongue

Kilograms in Minnesota, what a concept? Ventura as guvnar, what's next

from the great state of Mn?

I think it's just that brand. :shifty

Ive seen one and used one that goes to 280, I think its the one that clay has used. I used it at handgripperman's place, he got it to 242 (a new PR for him by 2lbs) and i got it to 221. Its alot of fun and you do see progress. Back in december of last year at a grip gathering i used it and got like 187 or 197, somthing like that (it was the same one last time and this time) so ive made a little progress in a year...

the one you used. was the baseline hand dyno. it goes up to 300lbs.