& the massive 45 rose ever upwards....

Nathan Say

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I was taking a 45 to the rack for my squats & thought 'what the ####' because I was up to a 35 + 10 + the bar (or about 52lbs total). I chalked up heavily (something I hadn't done with a 45 until today) & had a go at it! WOOOOOO! I made 4 or 5 attempts, but I think David Horne would have passed only one of them at the most. No big deal though, just a few weeks working with it will cure my sick form!  :D  :D  :D  :D Here's how I did it. I trained every day in 10 day blocks where I did 2 singles on days 1 & 2, 3 singles on days 3 & 4 and 5 singles on days 5-10. I then put 1.25-2.5lbs on & did it again. I don't see how anyone couldn't do it if they made little jumps like that. WOOOOO! (Ric Flair style!) Now I'm gonna gradually add volume over the next 6 weeks & then hopefully I'll be doing ladders & then more ladders with a standard 50.

Um.... what EXACTLY are you talking about??  ???

Awesome Job!

That's more impressive then closing a #3 IMO. :)

Do you do other work for your wrists besides plate curls?

I do 1 arm clean & press with a thick (1 7/8") handle & I was doing wrist roller stuff a few months ago. No other wrist stuff except the plate curls and whatever I get from the clean & presses.

Every day grip training...

Another success.

I continue to see a trend here.

Lots of other athletes get really strong from every day stuff, like construction workers, tree-planters, weightlifters, sprinters, rowers... etc. After training every day on different stuff like my roofing job last summer, or when I was rowing it doesn't seem like such a big deal. I almost wonder why more don't do it. The hands/forearms don't have as much muscle as other bodyparts so they can recover more quickly which makes daily training possible I think.