Bending A Nail Back?

oso

After bending a nail, do some of you bend it back to being straight and try to break it or just throw the bent nails away? Is there any technique and strength benefits of unbending the nail?

I think any work with nails will increase your wrist strength. Everynow and again I try to break something by bending it back and forth, but it takes forever and usually give up before it snaps. I don't think anyone just throws away their old bends. Mine are in an old protein shake container.

For some reason I couldnt throw away any of my bends, until now. But I keep my good bends in a separated box (old Cuban cigarbox).

But bending em back? That's so hard I dont even waste time on it

I don't think anyone just throws away their old bends. Mine are in an old protein shake container.

I sold all of my old steel. It wouldn't quite fit in a protein shake container.

Of course it was 320 pounds of it.... :whistel

Justin

Holy geez man. Well I've only been serious bending for like 6 months and I stick to about 2-6 bends per workout. It'll take me awhile to get 320 pounds worth of bent steel.

• 2 years later...

I've tried unbending a few times and it just seems to be a really awkward position and the nail moves around on me... are there any techniques to use to get this down? Is it even worth it?

Have you guys seen Mark Vogel's 60d break in multiple pieces? That is the best example of bending a nail back I have seen. I cannot do it that way with that nail yet.

I did recently bend a 1/4" screwdriver that was tweaked to like 80 degrees from abuse into a U barehand. The guy was then like well I was hoping you would bend it back straight again. So I did, it's much easier with a big ol handle stuck on the end of the bar to stabilize it though and it still had a big bump in the middle but it was straight again.

I don't think anyone just throws away their old bends. Mine are in an old protein shake container.

I sold all of my old steel. It wouldn't quite fit in a protein shake container.

Of course it was 320 pounds of it.... :whistel

Justin

Just out of curiosity, who buys this stuff and how much did you get for it?