Pre Workout Treatment

mbcx6pmw

Following on from the post workout treatment thread....

I'm interested in what you do prior to a grip workout to get your juices flowing? or are you happy going from a 'standing start' and just warm up with e.g. light gripper closes?

I usually have to squeeze some grippers close to what I can do. I also have to do grip work in the middle of the day, if I try it when I just wake up I'm a lot weaker.

Sit down, dry hands thoroughly on a clean towel, pick up goal gripper, and squeeze like flabbergastenpoopy.

I usually do very little warm up...BUT i only grip in late afternoon or evening when my hands have been used all day.

Ya, late night grip workouts are the best. Maybe even if it's the second workout of the day and you've been reading the grip board and get pumped to do some more. Those go well for me.

Pre workout gets a little arm rubbing to get the blood flowing, make a hard fist for a few seconds, close a few easy grippers, GO.

Sometimes I will massage in some Absorbine or other tincture to really get the arms burning first. A hot shower first is okay too but it can make the skin soft.