Where To Get V-bar And 2 Handed Pinch?

Capt4Score

Hey guys,

One of my lifting / throwing buddies was at the Global Grip Challenge this summer, and really enjoyed it. He is looking for some of the tools ( v-bar and two handed pinch). Smitty said that Madss might have an idea on the 2 hand pinch. Any help would be appreciated, he a great friend, and would be a wonderful part of the grip community.

you can call me 803 750 9039 or email me at bert@sorinex.com

Thank you,

Bert

Bert

There are three kinds of v-bars right now - the LGC V-bar made in Sweden with a new batch soon or now available from Arne on the GripBoard. These are made in 25mm size of hollow tube. Then there is the FBBC v-bar sold by John Beatty - made in solid 1" from american steel. Then we have all the homemade ones - if made in Europe etc - probably in mm - those in the states are in inches. Usually made from 1" cold roll round steel, some are from 3/4" pipe which measures 1.05". For training purposes, my two cents is it doesn't matter much which you train with. I have found that cold roll seasons much quicker and better than hot roll steel. For record purposes, you must use the appropriate bar for the organization.

Pinch plates set ups - at the moment - all records must be set on one of David Hornes Euro Pinch setups. Several of us here in the states have made copies of it (with David's permission) from american steel and rubber instead of metric. The best quality ones are made by Scott George who you know from the GGC. Laser cut steel and water jet cut rubber - it's top shelf stuff. Again for training purposes, it doesn't matter if it's metric or american inch stock.