Yee Hah! The G5 Finally Fell!

Tim71

Man Oh man how great it feels! I decided to do a little short bending tonight and started with my old cruddy leather wraps since I didn't want to get used to any new ones and it didn't go so good. Couldn't even get the super-hard 60ds that I did a week ago. Well, I decided to cut some new leather for some thicker wraps like you guys say your using (1 inch around or close to it) and did a couple medium 60ds and it felt pretty good. So I tried a G5 that I had kinked earlier and it fell with much effort. I got another one that was new and bent it too.

I am stoked. I figured the wraps were holding me back and now I know. This new leather still isn't what I want but I've got some coming from a generous board member that hopefully will be more what everyone else is using.

I may go and try a JH black G5 now.

Tim

Great bend Tim! Grade 5 is a wonderful milestone bend. :rock Now you're on a roll. Start bending them for volume and soon you'll get the Grade 8.

Thanks bencrush. Hope my progress from here will go as fast as I've watched yours.

The black "JH" G5 fell too. As a matter of fact it felt easier then the silver "TH" ones that I bent first. Maybe because they were off centered. I was worn out but I decided to try a G8 and I bent it probably 10 degrees or so. I really think if I hadn't wasted so much effort with the cruddy wraps I would have gotten the G8. I was just spent though by then. Maybe next week I'll get the G8.

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I think I may try to order some G9s and F911 for future use.

Later

Tim "the worn out G5 bender" Tolbert

Nice bending Tim!!! I think you will get a grd 8 next week also. Don't give it a chance to win!!!

Nice work Tim :rock