Possible inch dumbell lifter

bencrush

I have a friend who believes that he might be able to lift the Inch Dumbell (or a replica) to his knees with one hand.  Now the question is, where is the closest replica (with its owner willing) to let him try the feat?  As a side note, I believe the guy would give it a good ride.  He absolutely mashed the #2 gripper on the first try, and without resting, grabbed the #3 and closed it to within 1/2".  Any willing to let him try please respond to this post.  It's greatly appreciated.

Bring him with you to the Super Grip Challenge in October and he will have an opportunity to try a Thomas Inch Replica DB.

Kevin

bencrush,

That's not good enough.  I was at the AOBS, and a whole bunch of guys thought they could do it too.  Not one of us from the Griptable could deadlift it off the ground one-handed.... and believe me, we tried!!  :(

BTW.... John Wood DID pick it up.  But he didn't sit at our GripTable.  Hope I didn't confuse anyone about that!  :p

BTW.... John Wood DID pick it up.  

You forgot the word easily in there......

Easy, kinda like he was pull starting a lawn mower.  I really hope John goes to next years dinner, I wanted to talk to him more.  Same goes for his dad.  First class individuals.

After reading the articles and seeing the pics of AOBS dinner, maybe we'll have 3-4 grip board table next year. I'll make plans to be there.

Gentlemen, again, thank you for the kind words.  I am available through the messenger service or on the forum itself.  It is doubtful that I will be attending next year ,as the event will probably occur some time during football season.  In any case, get in touch with me via the board if you have questions.

Do you know why I think it was such a great turnout??  Because it's summer, and people can get away better than they can during October (when it's usually held).  John, I'm glad you made it the the dinner.  It was nice talking to you and your Dad.  Good Luck on your football season!!  :)

Thanks for the replies guys.  Kevin, I'll try to convince my friend to go with me to the Super Grip Challenge.  He might be working, but I'd definitely like to see him give it a try.

bencrush,

Whatever you do.... please take your camera and set it up just in case your friend does lift it!!  Then you can post that pic here, and I'll be eating a heaping helping of crow!!  :)