Beef Builder Grippers

Cannon

I just checked Weightlifters Warehouse and this is what they list as the strengths for the Beef Builder line:

Beginner (50 lbs pressure)

Advanced (80 lbs pressure)

Super Advanced (115 lbs pressure)

Master (155 lbs pressure)

Super Master (200 lbs pressure)

Grand Master (230 lbs pressure)

Elite (265 lbs pressure)

Super Elite (290 lbs pressure)

Grand Elite (325 lbs pressure)

Pro (345 lbs pressure)

World Class (375 lbs pressure)

Is this one huge typo, or have they overhauled the line? Anybody know anything?

Poundage ratings are very innacurate ways of measuring gripper strength when comparing different makes of grippers because beefbuilder and ironmind for example measure strength at different points along the handle. A BBSE would be closer to a #4 in strength than a world class is as suggested by that list.

Poundage ratings are very innacurate ways of measuring gripper strength when comparing different makes of grippers because beefbuilder and ironmind for example measure strength at different points along the handle. A BBSE would be closer to a #4 in strength than a world class is as suggested by that list.

I guess what I was getting at is that these aren't the same poundages that Beef Builder previously used to describe the strength of their own grippers. If this new list is accurate, I can probably close a BBE, where right now I can't close my BBSM.

I'm leaning towards typo. I'm noticing that they redesigned their site a little and it seems like they might have just listed the poundages off by two grippers. But then again, Beef Builder never offered most of those poundages before so where'd they get those numbers...

Pressure is most likely measured at the ends of the handles where the leverage is greatest and the pressure is least. Ironmind measure in the centre of the handles. Hope this makes more sense mate!

I don't think those numbers have changed for a while...at least not since February 2005. This is a link to what their main page looked like in Feb 2005.

Weightlifters Warehouse

The weights listed are the same as today.

Anyway, if you're wondering how I got these results...go to Web Archive and you can type in any URL and see what the web page looked like years ago.

I don't think those numbers have changed for a while...at least not since February 2005. This is a link to what their main page looked like in Feb 2005.

Weightlifters Warehouse

The weights listed are the same as today.

Anyway, if you're wondering how I got these results...go to Web Archive and you can type in any URL and see what the web page looked like years ago.

*Comes out of coma* :blink God, it's bright out here. How long have I been out? :whacked

*Comes out of coma* :blink God, it's bright out here. How long have I been out? :whacked
I guess so, they have been rated like that for a long time! :trout

I just checked Weightlifters Warehouse and this is what they list as the strengths for the Beef Builder line:

Beginner (50 lbs pressure)

Advanced (80 lbs pressure)

Super Advanced (115 lbs pressure)

Master (155 lbs pressure)

Super Master (200 lbs pressure)

Grand Master (230 lbs pressure)

Elite (265 lbs pressure)

Super Elite (290 lbs pressure)

Grand Elite (325 lbs pressure)

Pro (345 lbs pressure)

World Class (375 lbs pressure)

Is this one huge typo, or have they overhauled the line? Anybody know anything?

Add approximately 50 pounds to get the IronMind equivalent...

BBA = COC#1

BBM = COC#2

BBGM = COC#3

BBGE = COC#4

BBA = COC#1

BBM = COC#2

BBGM = COC#3

BBGE = COC#4

Thanks, Mat.

Basically, just ignore this thread. I shouldn't have eaten 40lbs of M&Ms yesterday. :whacked I got myself all confused and it was a downward spiral from there.

:upsidedwn Tip toe through the tulips :whistel

• Like 1

The BBA has the same specs as an IM #1, yet my BBA is MUCH easier than my #1. I know grippers vary, but I think everyone notices this, and they're supossed to have the exact same specs, right? Or not? ..

The BBA has the same specs as an IM #1, yet my BBA is MUCH easier than my #1. I know grippers vary, but I think everyone notices this, and they're supossed to have the exact same specs, right? Or not? ..

They have the same specs, but they're not using the same materials. IM has their GR8 springs, which seem to be a little tougher. Also keep in mind that for both companies the "specs" are the only quality control. They aren't actually testing the grippers.

With the #1 and the BBA, however, there is a difference. Ironmind has switched to a .245 spring where Beef Builder still uses the .235, which is what Ironmind used to use. Ironmind has quietly made the CoC1 a little harder. When I met Warren Tetting back in September, he was surprised to see this.

I used to think the new Ironmind #3's were harder, but I came across one of supermaster-like difficulty just recently.

I used to think the new Ironmind #3's were harder, but I came across one of supermaster-like difficulty just recently.

See, I've wondered about this too. My BBSM is flush-mounted or less. I don't know what this does to the strength of the gripper, but I also don't care much. It's my goal gripper and I'll close it eventually no matter what. When I get it, it will be a huge step toward the 3 no matter what :rock

This is one thing I love about grippers, though. There is some mystique. Some mystery. It's not an exact science, but it sure is a glorious struggle. You vs. the gripper. :fear

BBA = COC#1

BBM = COC#2

BBGM = COC#3

BBGE = COC#4

Thanks, Mat.

Basically, just ignore this thread. I shouldn't have eaten 40lbs of M&Ms yesterday. :whacked I got myself all confused and it was a downward spiral from there.

:upsidedwn Tip toe through the tulips :whistel

Nice referance!! Tiny Tim was definately out of the in his own little world.

With the #1 and the BBA, however, there is a difference. Ironmind has switched to a .245 spring where Beef Builder still uses the .235, which is what Ironmind used to use. Ironmind has quietly made the CoC1 a little harder. When I met Warren Tetting back in September, he was surprised to see this.

Ah, that could explain it.

Since I bought my #1 in June, I'm guessing it has the .245 already. Well, at least the BBSA is supossed to have a .250 spring, so it must be a little harder than the #1. I'm happy with it.

• 16 years later...

Lol ik I'm asking 17 years later (Jesus it's been a while), but is the website still available and viable to get beef builders? Ik a lot of people recommend them or at least still use them for training. I've heard @Jedd Johnson say hes used them a decent amount before, too.

This thread is hilarious. We all gotta start somewhere. 

Beef Builder was Warren Tetting. Weightlifters Warehouse still exists but they no longer sell grippers. 

• Like 2

Damn. I just saw on the current site that they don't, too. Is there anyone who does or sell them still?

24 minutes ago, LABZSTS said:

Damn. I just saw on the current site that they don't, too. Is there anyone who does or sell them still?

I posted this to another topic this week regarding Tetting Grippers:

Best places to find them in my experience would be the Buy / Sell / Trade section of this forum, or by checking the Used Grippers section of Cannon PowerWorks, or eBay. Or message someone that you know has a Tetting gripper, and offer a price. I've got 3, all acquired in the past year through these methods. I paid over $100 for each of them.

Edited by Jared P
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jared P said:

I posted this to another topic this week regarding Tetting Grippers:

Best places to find them in my experience would be the Buy / Sell / Trade section of this forum, or by checking the Used Grippers section of Cannon PowerWorks, or eBay. Or message someone that you know has a Tetting gripper, and offer a price. I've got 3, all acquired in the past year through these methods. I paid over $100 for each of them.

Would that apply to the other hard to find brands as well? I've heard of atomz grippers and viper ones but never for sale. I always wanted mine but got into the sport way too late

• Like 1

Just now, LABZSTS said:

Would that apply to the other hard to find brands as well? I've heard of atomz grippers and viper ones but never for sale. I always wanted mine but got into the sport way too late

Yes. If you'd like access to the Buy / Sell / Trade part of this forum, I would ask a Mod. Otherwise, I think there is some kind of post threshold like 200 posts required to get access. The 'Wanted to Buy' section is a great place to post that you are looking to buy or find certain grippers. I found some Tettings this way, and more recently some older gen dual-logo GHPs.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jared P said:

Yes. If you'd like access to the Buy / Sell / Trade part of this forum, I would ask a Mod. Otherwise, I think there is some kind of post threshold like 200 posts required to get access. The 'Wanted to Buy' section is a great place to post that you are looking to buy or find certain grippers. I found some Tettings this way, and more recently some older gen dual-logo GHPs.

How old would you say the double logo GHPs are, I have a double logo GHP 8 with rounded handle tops that i got a while ago and it stands out from my other GHPs

8 hours ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

How old would you say the double logo GHPs are, I have a double logo GHP 8 with rounded handle tops that i got a while ago and it stands out from my other GHPs

I think the first inventory we received that has the USA sticker was in Fall 2019. I’m connecting this to the one time I picked up grippers from Wade because he was at a sports tournament in my city. When we were loading boxes, he mentioned he had to change the handles and stickers slightly. I think…lol. I’m not always the best at remembering but I’m pretty good at researching and emails I have support this. We were sold out of most stuff and badly needed a restock so it was probably slightly earlier in 2019 that the USA sticker started. 

EDIT: This thread confirms May of 2019.  The GHP logo stamp didn’t hang around and became the USA sticker I believe. 

• Like 1

It’s a shame they aren’t being produced anymore. IMO they were by far the best line of grippers. Sharp knurling and 2 3/4” spread with a smooth rap up towards the finish.

• Like 1