Super gripper equivalencies

Guest Matt Fleming

Guest Matt Fleming

Hi! New to the Grip Board, but it seems to be a great place!

Got the Ivanko Supergripper as a Christmas gift (wahoo!) I saw a couple links for showing what settings on the Supergripper were equivalent to the CoC's, and also what each setting on the Supergripper was equivalent to in pounds. Unfortunately, none of the links worked, so I'm wondering if any of you could tell me the equivalencies. Please specify if it's for using the Supergripper with the hand in the top position or the bottom position.

Thanks a lot!

Welcome aboard Matt,this is a great place!! Quite a bit of info, and experience from real people who live it!! As for those tables you requested, I had them written down somewhere, can't locate it. Fear not though,just scroll back on the pages(archives) and you will find it and much more ,as a newbie here when I first joined that's what I did and learned quite a bit!

JJ

Holding the SG so that the gripping hand is about two-thirds the handle length from the pivot, your CoC equivalents are as follows:

T -- 1 and 7

#1 -- 5 and 7

#2 -- 6 and 9

#3 -- 7 and 12

#4 -- none

Holding the SG farthest from the pivot:

T -- 5 and 7

#1 -- 3 and 11

#2 -- 7 and 12

#3, #4 -- none

The server that was hosting the javascript calculators has been off-line since September. The administrator of that machine tells me that he does not plan on bringing it online anytime soon.

Barbender, is that with the SG held in the standard or inverse position?  I tried one of these for the first time last Saturday at my wife's uncle's house, and when I held it in the standard position (hand all the way up top, pivot on bottom) it felt like closing a standard heavy gripper in the inverse position.  Also, regarding your COC equivalents, couldn't someone obtain extra springs (as PDA mentions on their web site where they sell this product) to raise the IP to that of an IM #3 and beyond?

Incidentally, I ordered one of these from PDA after trying it last week... just liked the feel of it.  I am surprised that more people haven't gotten one, since PDA offers to post photos and send you an extra spring if you close one.  They even offer a free SG to someone who can close one on its highest setting with each hand and provide proof (pictures).

I prefer for the pivot to be on the pinky side. Yes, additional springs can be used to further increase the tension. There is a picture somewhere of someone closing or at least attempting to close a SG while using six springs. The calculators were written for one spring and two spring arrangements.