Going From The Green Nail To The Yellow Nail

GoJu

Besides bending more green nails and upping my sledge levering, what would you recommend?

I'd especially like to know what nails or bolts are good for in between training from green to yellow, the gap seems kind of big!

GoJu

Save yourself some money the ironmind stuff is expensive either get a load of 60ds or get a beginners benders bag from fat bastard barbell co just click on the slogun at the top of the page then scholl down and hit benders bags there full of nice bits of steel :D You can then compare your bends to others and know you are useing similar steel.

i managed to bend my first yellow when i had bent almost all my greens. dont do anything else than bending and sledge levering :)

60 d spiral timber ties from Home Depot are a great stepping stone from green to yellow. Helped me anyway. Formulator and sledge training are great too but I liked the timber ties because I could practice my bending technique while gaining strength at the same time. Won't be long and that yellow will fall, keep on keep'n on--Aaron McKenzie

Edited by jakeclaw

GoJu

Save yourself some money the ironmind stuff is expensive either get a load of 60ds or get a beginners benders bag from fat bastard barbell co just click on the slogun at the top of the page then scholl down and hit benders bags there full of nice bits of steel :D You can then compare your bends to others and know you are useing similar steel.

I agree, save some money and buy some FBBC stock!

http://www.fatbastardbarbellco.com/BENDERSBAG.html

thanks guys, thing is I already have the Bag O' Nails from Ironmind, I can bend a green fairly well but I can't even make a kink in the yellow, I'll definelty look into the FBBC stock!

thanks guys, thing is I already have the Bag O' Nails from Ironmind, I can bend a green fairly well but I can't even make a kink in the yellow, I'll definelty look into the FBBC stock!

If you notice at the bottom of the FBBC link John sells stock in 10 piece lots, 3/16 round any length $3.50, 1/4 round any length $4.00, and 3/16 square any length $6.00! Plus there is much more to choose from! So you can buy some stock between the green and yellow for very little cash!

1. 8 twist timber ties

2. Grade 2 bolts

Do volume on the timber ties till you can do the a couple grade 2 bolts. Do volume on the grade 2 bolts and the yellow will fall.

It's also likely your form just sucks on longer nails and the fact that the yellow is 7" long is what is really holding you back. In that case:

1. Try the blue nail.

2. Try some 7" pieces zinc plated 1/4" round rod. Easier than the yellow, but the proper length.

I found the 3/16 square FBBC stock to be a great gap between Green and Yellow. You might also want to experiment with different styles, I was unable to kink a Yellow DO and when I tried DU, I bent at Yellow, Blue and 60D in the same workout.

You could pre-kink some yellows to various states of pre-kinkedness. Then gradually work back to straight.

I think the 1/4"x6" grade 2 bolts and 3/16"x6" square stock is between the green and yellow nail.

Like a few have mentioned already, the 1/4"x6" Grade 2's work nicely for going from green to yellow. :cool