Red Du Questions

dansweeney

Not sure if this has been covered recently, if ever. Does anyone know how many people have bent a Red DU, and if anyone under 200lbs has done it? Just in case anyone is thinking of Terminator, he doesn't count, as I am asking about mere mortals.

Thanks!

Hmmm, the only guys I know of are rather large. James "Shrug" Smith (5.75'' DU!) and Dave Ostlund come to mind. I'm not sure how large Pat Gansel is.

Big steve did a grand bastard long time ago. don't know what he can do now though.

Big Steve's probably done it. I've seen him do harder stuff for sure, but he's a bit over 200lbs.

Yeah, Big Steve would be able to do a Red DU with both his arms in casts. And I love the "bit over 200lbs" remark Scott! :tongue For those that have never seen Big Steve in person...he's pretty freaking big. My wife saw last year's picture and said, "Who the HELL is that?!?" Referring to Big Steve...made me look like a slightly big midget.

Just in case anyone is thinking of Terminator, he doesn't count, as I am asking about mere mortals.

Thanks!

Then Dave Morton probably doesn't count either. At the end of the unbraced bending article it says "I don’t care if you are under or overhand, Dave Morton is one of the most explosive benders I have seen. I have watched him underhand reds and he just unloads into them."

By the way, what does being big have to do with DU bending..? Just that big doods tend to be strong doods?

By the way, what does being big have to do with DU bending..? Just that big doods tend to be strong doods?

The list of DU Red benders is definitely swayed towards the bigger guys. Whereas with the DO list it really doesn't matter a lot. Because #1 on the list is Terminator and I'd guess he weighs 175. But I would also guess that it's 175 pounds of furiously destructive power.