Bodyweight Plus On The G-Rex

Sybersnott

Using my own bodyweight AND adding on some weight plates, I managed to hold 300 pounds on the ol' G-Rex today!!  :)  :)  

Man.... this is exciting!!  Can anyone who has a G-Rex share a similiar experience??  My destiny is limitless now!!!  :)

I'm gonna go for a new PR tomorrow.... wish me luck!!  :)

No, I don't cheat.  I'd be only cheating myself if I did.  I can feel the results already.  Wow.... this is great!!  :)  :)

UPDATE:  I went for broke on the G-Rex, and I think I've found my limit.  And it was a true grip moment!!  :)

I put on 150 pounds of weight plates, then stepped on it... and my hands could only hold it for a few seconds.  Total weight:  380 pounds.  

Then I took off 25 pounds, and did it again.  Took off another 25, and repeated the process.  Then with 100 pounds on the G, and with my BW - I was able to do a few reps.

I got off the machine.... and my forearms were FRIED!!!  Fried and on fire.... I couldn't believe the pump, it was incredible!!

This begs the question:  has anyone done 400+ pounds on the G-Rex??  ???

How are you using this machine. Are you holding it shut and then stepping on, or are you stepping on and then closing it?

Jeff,

The G-Rex 621 is the grip machine designed and produced by Richard Sorin.  You can go to his site, and that's where you'll find the info on it:

http://www.sorinex.com/whatsnew20.htm

Oldguy,

On the heaviest weight, I am pulling it shut first, THEN standing on it.  I don't have the strength to close it while I'm on it!!  Here's the pic on how I do it:

http://www.sorinex.com/Images/grip/06.jpg

Mr.Snott,

Don't forget, the chassis of the G-Rex already weighs 30 pounds with no plates on it, so you actually hit 410.  By the way, are you holding that weight with one hand or two?

John D.

Actually, Richard told me at the AOBS that the carriage weighed 47 pounds.... I didn't even realise this.   ???

When I did it, I held it with two hands at first, then with ONE for a few seconds.  A few reps later.... stick a fork in me; I'm done.  My forearms were pumped like you wouldn't believe!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 103-1023791186

Hi there Snott,

How are you progressing with the negatives,on the G-REX,

have you upped the weight since you started doing them,how does this affect the work that you are able to do on the grippers,more or less,and do you do the G-REX.on the same day as the grippers.

i wish that i could have been at theAOB dinner with you all,to

be surrounded by some of the greats of grip,must have been awsome.

gazza,

Yes, I do the grippers on the same day as the G-Rex; sort of as a "cool down" after punishing negatives on the machine.  I am upping the weight tomorrow, so let's see what happens.