Interest In Challenge Bars?

David Horne

I've had a few questions recently about the availability of the old Challenge bars.

We haven't sold any for a while, and the stock left is the stuff we train on. If there was enough interest in the reverse bending then we may start again (as these bars are perfect for this).

These bars really are only suitable for Reverse bending as the DO has gone beyond there weight range.

I could start the bending club tables again if there was enough interest.

What does everyone think?

David

Those bars do bend great.

Sure I'm interested in getting some more of those precious bars.

Edited by FrankyBoy

Flo and Martin are interested as well.

I probably would be interested in some for reverse bending, but I think that the shipping might be cost prohibative. I'm actually attempting to make some bars that might be similiar for my own purposes using multiple diameters of a specific kind of drill rod to do progressive work on reverse style. The samples got sent off to Eric for calibration a few days ago. So far it seems that the thinnest one is between a 60d and 6"gr5 based on just bending it.

- Aaron

Add me to the list as well. I bend reverse, and purchased challenge bars from you in the past and they were excellent!

Ok guys not a massive interest but that's ok. I'll start up the challenge bars firstly with what I have still in stock, and then build from there. I hope you use these for Reverse bending, but of course you can use them for whatever.

I think with the inclusion of the challenge bars, G5 and G8 bolts, and some other bars we should cover a whole area of strengths and difficulties.

The early stages will be run on trust (ie No video evidence will be required), and later video evidence will be required. I will put together a table of participants (for those who want) and we can see who will climb the ladder to the G5, 250k, G8, 290k, Red clubs, etc.

I will put a list together of what is available and prices. Also rules for the Reverse Bending Challenge.

You can pay through paypal.

Any queries please pm me here.

David

Having had to replace my expensive camera (lost arrggghhh!!) this month I don't have the spare cash but would like to get some of the 200-250-kilo bars to go with the silly (270-280 and beyond) I still have even if only to keep my hand in (pun intended). So pencil me in for some probably next month.

Steve,

Great news.

Graeme,

Cheers for the offer of help. But I get the company I buy them off to do all the cutting and grinding. I just have to calibrate them, put the stickers on and package them.

I will be working on getting the increments in the ratings done on how the steel bends as well as the final calibration figure. Also the length definitely makes a difference in this reverse bending.

David

David

Put me down for the 300k and up bars.

will you be also able to supply the poundages in various lengths as i find for reverse bellow 6" is difficult because of shortness rather than bar strength.

Gazza,

Great!

This is why I'm holding out on the rules, etc till I've tested it. I may drop the angle needed to be bent for shorter bars (say under 6").

I'll work on it.

David