Two finger COC#3

Guest Jeff Roark

Guest Jeff Roark

Is there any current COCs that can close a #3 with two fingers only like Kinney? I think my first Ironmind catalog had a picture of Kinney mashing the 3 with 2 digits. I was also looking at some of my old powerlifting mags and did you guys know that Joe did some supplement endorsments? It had him bursting beer cans, I think the company was Atletika or something like that.

Amongst the mountains of mags I have is a Flex or Muscle and Fitness (I know, I know...) with Joe bursting a can, the exact name escapes me, but the word "animal" was in there somewheres if I recall correctly.

MilGrip

...if you're gonna do it, over do it.

AKA

...some is good, more is better, and too much is just right.

I think that in the mountain of British Muscle & Fitness mags that I own only two articles I can actually think of within the last 5-6 years really talk about grip - one superfeature on forearm training (which mentions Captains of Crush Grippers & Sorin and Kinney by name, if I recall) and an article on Stanless Steel (COC Stan Pleskun). Not much when you think about it - especially in a magazine that's supposed to be aimed more towards people who train and keep fit in order to improve their everyday lives, where a good grip can really do you a world of good...

In MOHS, Brookfield mentions that Richard Sorin closed the #3 with 2 fingers at a AOBS dinner. Don't remember the year.

There is a picture of sorin closing the old silver crush #3 with two fingers in our very own grip gallery.

Guest Jay Ansuini

I believe that I once saw a picture of Magnus Samuellson closing a #3 with 2 fingers.  Although it may very well have been the #3 with 3 fingers, I can't remember because I saw the pic about a year ago.  Look for it on the web, I'm sure you can find it.

I don't know about using two fingers (I'll give that a try when I get back home) but I've always found very little difference between a 3 and 4 finger (full hand) close. In fact, the 3 finger position has always felt a little bit more natural and powerful to me, but then I have had problems with my little and ring finger tendons in both hands for about the last 10 years.