W.W. 'world class' gripper

gripmeister

Just wondering if anyone has purchased the 'world class' gripper from Weightlifter's Warehouse, and if so, what was the opinion on it. Is it a step up from the IronMind No. 4?

Might make a nice 'conversation piece. But...before I buy, I figured I'd ask.

gripmeister,

I believe Heath Sexton or Wannagrip could say for sure, but I believe that the world class gripper makes the #4 look like a joke.

Wannagrip posted a pic comparing the two (COC #4 & BBWC) & the spring on the #4 looked like a piece of a coathanger or something. He guessed it's about 700ip vs <600ip fo rthe #4

Step up, no, it's about 5 floors above the #4.  I have 3 #4's, and "easy" one, mid, and a hard one.  The WC is just unbelivable.  The #4 isn't even comparable I don't think....

Jeff,

Hate to burst your bubble.... not even Kinney could close THAT monster!!  So much for coming out of retirement....

I did wonder what was the purpose of coming out with the World Class gripper when it was so hard (above and beyond the #4). Still, at the current rate of growth in the numbers of COC (in a large part due to the sucess of this board) it will only be a matter of time until the #4 has a few more names on the list (indeed, a forsee a relative "flood" of #4 closes after it is next closed, just like the 4 minute mile in 1954) and the next unconquerable gripper becomes the World Class. I've read on Nick McKinless's board that David Horne has got the WC to down to below 1 1/2" - performance is sucked along in the wake of increased expectations. So hopefully the potential to close this gripper is there within the next 5-10 years.

In my opinion, someone needs to conquer the beefbuilder superelite before they even think about the worldclass.  I'll be bringing my super elite to the AOBS dinner, so Heath sexton can give it a try, as well as anyone else who thinks they're up to it.

Greg, from what I've heard of the Super Elites, I'm already afraid of it.  

I agree, close the #4, Super Elite, then worry about the WC.  I still don't think it's humanly possible........

Heath,

They said the same about the #4, but low and behold someone closed it, and more people will.  As far as being humanly possible I'm not sure.  You are young, and haven't been training grip for that long (compared to the amount of time others have spent in sports like powerlifting).  If you keep your work ethic up you have at least 12-15yrs before you peak.  Who knows, maybe you or someone like you will get the world class someday?

Thanks for the info. I am going to order one, adding to the collection, since I have all the IM grippers.

BTW...in the GripGallery, the only comparison photo that I could find is the one comparing the Vintage No. 2 and 3. Where is the photo comparing the WorldClass to the IM No. 4?

Good point about the #4.  I'll say this, it's not possible for this human to close it.....:)

Thanks for the picture.

Yikes...that's one mean gripper! Can't wait to get it. For me, it'll be a novelty item at best.

HMMMMM.....I now that I think about it, I DO know someone who could probably close it!

My Dog!!! (3 yo rottweiler). I'll need to cover the handles with Nylabone material or something and practice, practice and practice.

Maybe he'll be the first canine captain of crush or something?

Heck, he has broken the big nob off of a Galileo Bone. :)

Heath

I think you know that out of almost anyone in the world you have the best shot of closing the WC. :)

When I pick up my #4 I can barely budge it so I think it's impossible to close.  Then there's someone like you who's really close to closing it; and the other guys who have closed or almost closed it,  and it reminds me that just because it seems darn near impossible doesn't mean it is.  

Maybe some of the younger guys coming onto the grip scene can broaden the horizons of what we perceive to be the human limit.

Good pint Jesse, kids now days are stronger than ever, a trend that probably won't slow down.

Somebody has to be the first to close a Super Elite or World Class. Why not any one of us? I'm sure a lot of things we've done have seemed impossible until we've actually done them.

Heath - Riotgrip is right. If you manage to stay free of injury and keep up the appropraite enthusiasm and drive (big "ifs", but doable) the place you will be in 12-15 years is nowhere like where you are now (which is right near the top of the stack when it comes to grippers).

I'm sure a lot of things we've done have seemed impossible until we've actually done them.

I agree.

When I first tried the #3 I thought it was impossible. Then I learned of the COC's. So I figured it was just impossible for me. Now here I am ½ of an inch from closing it.

Hand strength is somewhat of an enigma because of it's obscurity. How many people actively work their grip? Of that population how many have done so for 5, 10, 20 years? I feel that we are living in an exiting era for grip training. I think that the hands true power potential has yet to be seen.