good workout

Managed to successfully pinch 3 x 10kg plates while training yesterday.  I’ve attempted it on numerous occasions since seeing the pics of Clayton pinching the 3 x 25lb.  I fancied my chances of doing this but I think it was weak thumb strength that was letting me down.  David has designed and built a home made pinching device that really recruits the use of the thumb – it really seems to be paying dividends on the thick pinch lifts.

Also saw Dave lift a scary weight on the 3 ½” dumbbell (I think he even shocked himself) but I’m sure he doesn’t want this divulging until the day of the grip comp ;)

Awesome Jim!

Jim's pinching of the 3 x Weider 10k discs was very easy, in fact he did it many times. I think he could clean them, and I'll try to get him to do this. Yes, the 3 1/2" dumbell lift is going well, probably also aided by training on the pinch apparatus I've built.

David

David,

Do you have a picture of this apparatus?  I'm curious as I am sure are others.

Was there a bar through the center of the plates?  Either way, an impressive lift but much more so in the absence of a center bar.  Nice Work!

The total width is 3 7/8". There was no bar through the centre.

Bill,

I have no picture of the pinch apparatus, but I am doing an article on this for the next issue of Iron Grip. But it's basically a sloping blob.

David

Guest baldy

Way to go Jim! Take David's advice and clean them next time you are having a good pinch day, we haven't seen a picture of anyone do that yet.

Matter of fact, has anyone here ever cleaned three 10 kilo plates one handed? Ever heard of anyone doing it?