Train For Blob

BRETTY1

Does anybody train like this i dont own a blob but after reading many threads about the blob i came to realize it pays a very important role in grip.

What i have been doing is picking up my 5kg weight from the floor the weight is flat out on floor i stretch my hand over the sides the sides are curved so its extra hard and lift can only hold it for a matter of seconds the length of the weight is 7.6inches my hands are 8 so i dont have a problem there but after only two days of training like this my hands feel extra strong i think it played a part in me shutting my hard #2 is the length of the blob longer than 7.6 ? :flame

the dimensions of york blobs are pinned i think under equipment by Wannagrip. the 50# York Blob dimensions are 3 7/8in. across top sloping out to 5 1/2in.i am no expert by any means but i Dont think that 5kg plate training will help with the york blobs as it is a very different lift regarding the shape of the blob and just the construction of the blob in its slope and weight distribution cont'd >

smaller york blob training will help with larger blob training.start with a 25# blob maybe and see how that is. someone is always selling blobs on the Board.

smaller york blob training will help with larger blob training.start with a 25# blob maybe and see how that is. someone is always selling blobs on the Board.

Thanks RICHIEC i'll have a look :rock

Fat Bastard sells a blob simulator, The Chunk, which is 2 bent sheets of steel joined by nuts & bolts to adjust how wide apart it is. I don't have a Blob but the Chunk is not as round/curved as Blob, but it can still be flared out a good ways. Plus it has a loading pin.

Fat Bastard sells a blob simulator, The Chunk, which is 2 bent sheets of steel joined by nuts & bolts to adjust how wide apart it is. I don't have a Blob but the Chunk is not as round/curved as Blob, but it can still be flared out a good ways. Plus it has a loading pin.

Should be a good tool by the looks of it and it's cheap.

Because of the shape of the "Blob", you aren't going to see a one to one relationship in strength gains on another implement to strength gains on the Blob. But, any training of wide pinch will have some carryover to the Blob.

You can easily make a wide pinch block with 2x6's and 1x6's stick them together to get a block about 4" wide and then put an eyebolt in the bottom to attach weight.

I lifted the blob by training hard with a Euro pinch implement set at 64mm width. Never touched a blob until the day I first saw one (and lifted it numerous times). Once you get close to 200lb on the Euro set up at the widest setting you will probably lift the blob with little or no training unless you have small hands.

I lifted the blob by training hard with a Euro pinch implement set at 64mm width. Never touched a blob until the day I first saw one (and lifted it numerous times). Once you get close to 200lb on the Euro set up at the widest setting you will probably lift the blob with little or no training unless you have small hands.

What is the widest setting on the Euro setup?

64mm unless you use extra rubber spacers.

64mm unless you use extra rubber spacers.

All right, thanks.

i have a block which is 5.75'' wide. It has really helped my wide pinch improve; I broke 3 wide 10kg plates off the ground for the first time today. I don't know if i could lift the blob though, i haven;t had a chance to try it yet.

A wide wooden block (~4") did the trick for me.

I screwed a hook into it and used a standard loading pin to train with it.

A wide wooden block (~4") did the trick for me.

I screwed a hook into it and used a standard loading pin to train with it.

How much were you lifting using this setup when you could lift the blob?

70#-75# if I remember correctly.

If I remember correctly, JAD, Josh Dale told me that he trained for the blob by doing dynamic thumb work on a pony clamp. He can correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that is how he trained prior to getting a blob 50 from gordon....Brett