John Brzenk

pawel r

Any comments on the machine Bob? Availability, price, effectiveness, etc... Thanks.

Josh

yes i agree nice machine but i could not afford one . i would have to steal that idea :D not to the t but just enough to make it work good job bob who ever made it looks like about $200 dollars worth of materal at retail cost :rock

That is training at my house.

Can John do the whole stack?

It needs some work. The builder said he would make some changes. It had great side pressure but not much back pressure and the handle needed to be attached differently. He got some great idea's at practice and he said he would re-work it.

Not sure about the raw cost. He had a lot of cams and pulleys and the man hours to put it together was great. He was selling it for about $2000.00. We all told him, that is way too much money. We all thought that about $500.00 for a great machine is all that any of us would spend.

AND John could not do the hole stack. Noone could of done the whole stack.

AND John could not do the hole stack. Noone could of done the whole stack.

Just curious, Bob. How much could John do?

It looks like the stack goes up to 150-pounds:

http://www.armwrestlingmachine.com/

Yeah it says it goes to 150 in the description.

The machine had 240 pounds. I don't think anyone even tried to do a max weight. No one even bothered trying more than about 100 pounds. I am sure more weight could of been done. But I highly doubt anyone could move the whole stack.

The machine had 240 pounds. I don't think anyone even tried to do a max weight. No one even bothered trying more than about 100 pounds. I am sure more weight could of been done. But I highly doubt anyone could move the whole stack.

Well you should try one day bob....If he gets it reworked and it turns out great I would seriously consider purchasing one.

i like that machine and i also like this one so in the future i plan on taking parts from both of them and making a hybrid :Dhttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=41...h&plindex=1

Well the only thing I think it looks like both machines are missing is the pressure you get when someone is giving you back pressure. The pressure that will pull your arm off the pad and to there side if you can't stop it with your back and hand.

i like that machine and i also like this one so in the future i plan on taking parts from both of them and making a hybrid :Dhttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=41...h&plindex=1

Well the only thing I think it looks like both machines are missing is the pressure you get when someone is giving you back pressure. The pressure that will pull your arm off the pad and to there side if you can't stop it with your back and hand.

kyle i have a cheap version and if you make the cable short and pull it into position with two hands it will pin you what we do is hold it in a start lock position until were tired then start until a pin takes place for backloading if you slide around to the left its like doing a hammer curl

kyle i have a cheap version and if you make the cable short and pull it into position with two hands it will pin you what we do is hold it in a start lock position until were tired then start until a pin takes place for backloading if you slide around to the left its like doing a hammer curl

Thats not what I meant.....I mean the pressure you feel when someone is doing a posting style top roll on you.

• 4 weeks later...

9 CM on the middle finger isn't big. I have 10 CM on my middle finger and only 7.5" hands.

9 CM on the middle finger isn't big. I have 10 CM on my middle finger and only 7.5" hands.

Your middle finger is almost 4" long? That's awesome for only 7.5" hands. Mine is a touch over 3 1/8" and mine are 7 5/8" long.

Alawadhi must have the smallest palm on the board.

John's hand isn't too big from what it seems, however, that THUMBPAD area of his looks deformed!!! Wow!!

Your middle finger is almost 4" long? That's awesome for only 7.5" hands. Mine is a touch over 3 1/8" and mine are 7 5/8" long.

Sorry, I miss calculated! It's 9 CM not 10 CM. I thought that dash was ont he 10th not the 9th. So 9 CM= almost 3.5". And no my palms are a bit bigger than my middle finger.

My finger:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=6420

Edited by Alawadhi

He's got a big thumb pad (might be attributed to his big thumb) and pinky pad. Which makes sense considering how he handles people in a low grip.

He's got a big thumb pad (might be attributed to his big thumb) and pinky pad. Which makes sense considering how he handles people in a low grip.

I've heard numerous tales of his low grip including that he still grips low even when he toprolls because it allows him to switch back and forth between that or hook?? It seems like he hooks in most of the matches I've watched (on the internet). The matches I've watched where he toprolls he just destroys people (more so than in a hook). Is the hook just to give people a chance?

jad: I don't know if that's the case in all tourneys, but for example in 2006 Vegas, when he first faced Farid he toprolled and won the match in like two seconds. Then in the finals he went into a hook, and in a long match, lost, but they had to had another match now since each had one loss, and I've read John commenting that he again went into a hook because he thought he could do better than in the previous match, and in a long match, won. But I imagine if he had toprolled like in the first match they faced, he would've also ended it quickly, or so I guess.

I've heard numerous tales of his low grip including that he still grips low even when he toprolls because it allows him to switch back and forth between that or hook?? It seems like he hooks in most of the matches I've watched (on the internet). The matches I've watched where he toprolls he just destroys people (more so than in a hook). Is the hook just to give people a chance?

Well I remember him saying in his training video on Armbets.tv that he injured himself doing a one arm pull up type hold. And that it affected his top rolling ability. But I don't know if it's healed or not.

I know that when I low grip it feels much more comfortable for my hand than when I regular grip. Despite the leverage disadvantage, I feel confident when I use it. I believe there are many moves you can make from a starting low grip hand position. I always feel like it's a lot easier for me to set the hook with a low grip. And maybe it's just me but it seems like if I low grip hook, my opponent can't curl his hand in tight. Which I would think makes it easier for me to transition into a top roll if necessary.

But,I don't know exactly why John likes it. I only know how it feels to me.....