Taras Ivakin

pawel r

• 3 months later...
Who is Taras making the demonstration with? Alexey?

Yes, it's Alexey Voevoda in the toproll demonstration.

That's an awesome looking arm, particularly the brachioradialis mucsle.

He does nothing but Hammer curls from what I know...........

So it better be impressive lol.

Does anyone know what he does for weight and sets on the hammer curl? :erm

Probably not too far from you!

Yeah, but he's much lighter than me and those guys do some extreme stuff.

Well, I like to read stuff about AW and some of the things they do, and the first thing I will tell you is this: most AW's never let their curls get below 90 degrees, why? Because on the table, if your arm gets below that, you already lost! :D

So, usually they do the partial ROM, for two reasons: allows them to use more weight, AND they train the ROM they need for AW. This is why you read about some AW'ers doing "wrist curls" with 250-300lb dumbells, but if you ask them they tell you they never get the wrist get below parallel, so it's only half the ROM. Same with this curls, I think they would find it pointless to begin a Hammer Curl with the arm straight down! I think they do it on a vertical preacher bench, and begin with the dumbell at 90 degrees. I've heard Ryan Espey does 140lb x6 in this manner or something like that, but he's not too light. Some others could probably do more.

Well, I like to read stuff about AW and some of the things they do, and the first thing I will tell you is this: most AW's never let their curls get below 90 degrees, why? Because on the table, if your arm gets below that, you already lost! :D

So, usually they do the partial ROM, for two reasons: allows them to use more weight, AND they train the ROM they need for AW. This is why you read about some AW'ers doing "wrist curls" with 250-300lb dumbells, but if you ask them they tell you they never get the wrist get below parallel, so it's only half the ROM. Same with this curls, I think they would find it pointless to begin a Hammer Curl with the arm straight down! I think they do it on a vertical preacher bench, and begin with the dumbell at 90 degrees. I've heard Ryan Espey does 140lb x6 in this manner or something like that, but he's not too light. Some others could probably do more.

Is that a curl, or do they lock their arm at 90* and rotate back, pivoting on the elbow and support the 300 pound dumbell?

Does anyone know what he does for weight and sets on the hammer curl? :erm

I heard he uses a lighter weight and just concentrates on the motion to get the most out the the lift. Unlike some others that do heavy negatives...

Is that a curl, or do they lock their arm at 90* and rotate back, pivoting on the elbow and support the 300 pound dumbell?

Stalwart: I was talking about "Power Wrist Curls" when I mentioned the 300lb dumbell, I don't think any of them would come close to CURLING that weight in any manner, or even doing a full ROM Wrist Curl either. I just used that as an example of why they usually train using ROM's that simulate the AW table, so they usually do partials/half reps/whatever you wanna call it.

This exercise(Wrist Curls) + big weight + full movement = wrist contusion (wrist injury)

PS.look curious article :

NADGARSTEK budowa anatomiczna oraz kontuzyjność (WRIST anatomical structure and injury):

http://www.armpower.net/main/armpower/2007/012007.pdf

Unfortunately, there is in polish :(

Everytime I see a picture of the wrists bones like that, it gives me the chills for some reason...

I dont know polish, can you tell us why wrist curls are prone to injury?