Top 5 Exercises For Armwrestling

Blackheart

Which exercises are the top 5 for armwrestling (except armwrestling itself) in your opinion guys?

20040428092710_11%20copy.jpg

200405181040005.jpg

20040518103706.jpg

20040518102107.jpg

20040518103102.jpg

This is opcion of training wchich we use in Eastern Europe :)

Hey buddy how often do these guys hit these exercises? I also heard rope climbing and rope pullups are popular in that area. Is this true? Thanks!

Hey buddy how often do these guys hit these exercises? I also heard rope climbing and rope pullups are popular in that area. Is this true? Thanks!

Prolly similar to US guys in how they lift. They prolly hit all the stuff for there preferred style first in there trainings and then hit the other stuff.......

I read what Voevoda did for training. Most people would say dead lifts and and squats and stuff but all I read about him doing was 3 days a week one for biceps then for triceps then again for biceps and tuedays and thursday are other things he like like benching..... He also mentioned side pulling exercises all 5 days or something. I am sure Pawle knows more about this as I tried to interperate the russian forum where he talks about training but it is rather difficult to understand the translation. Also forgive my spelling and grammar errors I am typing as fast as I can with no look back lol.

My top 5 would be

1. AW

2. AW

3. AW

4. AW

5. AW

Nothing leaves my arm as sore from shoulder to hand than AW. My only complaint is I can only do it about once every two weeks. As far as gym lifts: I've found holds will produce the soreness from AW much better than reps.

• 8 months later...

table wrist curl

table biceps curl

side pressure

back pressure

wrist pronation rotating

Hammer Biceps Curls.

Dumbell Wrist Curls.

Grip Machine Holds or Sledge Levering.

Close Grip Lat Pulldowns/Holds.

Dumbell Lat Rows.

Chest and Triceps movements, really haven't helped yet. :)

• 10 months later...
Top 6 Exercises For Armwrestling by Roman Filipov : http://ironworld.ru/iwtube/tube/cat.php?clip_id=285

That was very good - although it probably would not have hurt to split it up into three or four parts - and if he chose a better soundtrack. :D

The only thing he missed was grip work and especially important is training your bottom two fingers to be able to stop a toproller.

He should consider putting that on YouTube, but then again, he might be told that is the "wrong way to train" to "build large biceps" and that there is "no benefit" in moving your body when training arms. :rolleyes

Those chrome dumbbells are very nice - small, dense and heavy - something increasingly less likely to be seen here in the US due to our collapsing currency (and resulting skyrocketing commodity prices).

Edited by G-Man

Not sure what 5 are the best but 5 good ones are pull-ups, hammer curls, lever lifts, wrist curls, not sure what else dips are good. Also something for grip but there's no 1 good thing for arm wrestling grip that I know of. Rope Climbing is probably good I should do that.

Edited by Josh H

• 3 months later...