New PR!!!

Guest Jeff Roark

Guest Jeff Roark

Guys I closed my BBM for a good double last night! I have only been able to get a solid single and I was done. Last night I mashed it hard the first rep and just went after the second one and slowly pulled her in. I felt great and then went onto strapholds which I came close to getting all 3 sets for 10 seconds only missing the last with 8 seconds.

Guest Christian

Congrats! All PRs feel great, don't they? :)

How much time do you perform with a straphold before you increase the weight?

Guest Jeff Roark

Christian,

I shoot for 3 sets of 10 seconds, then I add weight. When I can get 3-5 reps with the BBM I may try some strapholds with it for shorter times like 5 seconds but that is a ways off. Thanks.

Good work Jeff! Sorry I didn't get back to you - I have no excuse except for being rather busy. Glad the routines going well and that you are making progress on your grip too.

Nick

Guest Jeff Roark

Thanks everyone!

Baldy- I still have to be super careful and limit my attempts. I think that at this point I am doing it right for me. I am now only lifting 2 times per week and do grippers one day with pinch on the other.

Nick- Thanks for everything you have done for me! I am probably with the exception of the bench(at this point) stronger than I have ever been. I am still using the workout you gave me only I have modified it a little to help my recovery a little more since I am moving into PR territory on all the exercises. It has been one of my best moves in a long time to follow your lead and go with only working out two days a week. I have no desire to hit it any more than that. Once again thanks, and I will e-mail you when I hit my goals. By the way I already made one of my yearly goals... 200lbs standing military press! I may be good for 215-225 this year.