Alexy Voevoda Ist The Best

pawel r

I like to see a match between Alexy and John.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pawel r

• lifesnotfair

• Florian Kellersmann

• kyle102887

Isnt is interesting that PAL sets up a match for John that he has to diet down to 189. And Now Alexy is coming back. Of course after dieting for 4 months the match gets cancelled and they bring back Alexy when John only weighs 200. I am sure John will now be gaining wieght. Only time will tell what happens.

did you guys see this...travis totally owning voevoda? i've looked on you tube before and this never came up

this happend i'm guessing at vendetta atleast that's what it is titled. doesn't look like john would have to much trouble with him if traivs was able to hold him off in a hook at first and turn it into a top roll after.

This was a left handed match. The match-up everybody is talking about is the title of right hand. Voevodas left aint the same level as his right arm.

This was a left handed match. The match-up everybody is talking about is the title of right hand. Voevodas left aint the same level as his right arm.

Maybe Voevoda's left is behind, yeah, but that video kinda looks like a right hand match to me.. ????

Maybe Voevoda's left is behind, yeah, but that video kinda looks like a right hand match to me.. ????

Yes, the first match was a right hand match and travis stopped him and pinned him. Although i must say that watching alexey...his hand is his weakness. when he was pinning john in 04 john was topping him back up before they slipped and went to the straps where alexey got him...although i honestly don't think it would be the same now with john fully healthy at 220+

I'm pretty sure that the right hand match is vs Andrey Pushkar. That doesn't look like Voevoda at all to me, not the face,the hair, the arm, or the style. Looks like Pushkar to me. Pure sidepressure, sharp nose, and no long hair coming out of the bandana that I could spot.

But anybody - Alexy winner

Edited by pawel r

Probably Ron Bath will be first prey :)

That's a big dumbell, how can he hold it like that while maintaining that facial expression!? :)

Where did you get the info about Ron Bath???

This is copied form www.worldofarmwrestling.com

After a break for two years he is back to the sport! Alexey Voevoda will make his first appearance at the Vendetta in Bulgaria, May 26th and the question we all are asking ourselves; "How strong is he?", will be revealed when he grips up with the legendary Ron Bath from USA.

"An extremely exciting match" to quote a friend, and I have to agree. This is in my own opinion one of the most interesting match ups in the heavier categories for a long time. Ron has impressed a lot lately and seems to be stronger than ever. He has the well roundness, experience and hand strength to make it a very interesting match up! At the same time it's not likely that Alexey will make his come back when he doesn't feel well prepared.

I think we will see two well prepared and hungry opponents in Bulgaria, ready for action!

At the moment we don't know the reason for the change of opponent from Andrey Pushkar to Ron Bath, but we will try to find it out.

More info about the Vendetta will soon be up on www.armpower.net!

That's a big dumbell, how can he hold it like that while maintaining that facial expression!? :)

Where did you get the info about Ron Bath???

Looks like it's about 160 pounds.......

It looks photoshopped to me but if it's only 160lb, I'm sure Alexy could toy with that, hence the smile

It looks photoshopped to me but if it's only 160lb, I'm sure Alexy could toy with that, hence the smile

But notice how he lets his muscles take the load and not the joints and bones......Just a reminder to all those who don't know that is how you do a hold/negative. Don't ever go straight up and down and put pressure on the joints and bones you hold more weight but your just fooling yourself when it comes to actual strength.

This was not directed to you Josh just an FYI for those that may be doing it wrong.

I have a big dumbell climber made for me that can hold 200 pounds in 10 lb. plates and it looks ridiculous like that when I load it up as well..... So I am guessing it is about 160 if they are 10 lb plates.

But notice how he lets his muscles take the load and not the joints and bones......Just a reminder to all those who don't know that is how you do a hold/negative. Don't ever go straight up and down and put pressure on the joints and bones you hold more weight but your just fooling yourself when it comes to actual strength.

This was not directed to you Josh just an FYI for those that may be doing it wrong.

I have a big dumbell climber made for me that can hold 200 pounds in 10 lb. plates and it looks ridiculous like that when I load it up as well..... So I am guessing it is about 160 if they are 10 lb plates.

I think these are 5kg plates, not 10 pound plates, cause they are more common in europe.

Kyle, what do you mean by straight up and down? That looks pretty similiar to how I do mine but the pressure of the elbow against the thigh/groin area is what really flares my rotator cuff tendonitis if I'm not careful. I usually cut the sets short because I can tell another 2-3 reps would really have me hurting. I've even been training this by doing ab sling chins. I put just the tips of my elbows in them and use my fingers for stabilization and concentrate on applying pressure with the elbow to elevate myself.

The pressure of the elbow driving back into the thigh is what irritates my rc tendonitis. Feel your shoulder with your free hand next time you're doing concentration curls and you can see how it flexes up. It's what's holding the top portion of your arm stable. As for the chins, it's the 1 arm chins (attempts/training)that do it. They obviously put 2x the pressure on your shoulder when you're driving the elbow downward, attempting to bring it to the lat vs. the normal 2 hand stuff.

I actually tried a concentration curl negative yesterday, and it kinda hurt my shoulders indeed. Wouldn't have thought these could hurt the shoulders.

I actually tried a concentration curl negative yesterday, and it kinda hurt my shoulders indeed. Wouldn't have thought these could hurt the shoulders.

The two bicep muscle tendons attach in the shoulder. One in front and one in back of shoulder. If your shoulder hurt, it was probably strain on the tendon. Be careful

Kyle, what do you mean by straight up and down? That looks pretty similiar to how I do mine but the pressure of the elbow against the thigh/groin area is what really flares my rotator cuff tendonitis if I'm not careful. I usually cut the sets short because I can tell another 2-3 reps would really have me hurting. I've even been training this by doing ab sling chins. I put just the tips of my elbows in them and use my fingers for stabilization and concentrate on applying pressure with the elbow to elevate myself.

I mean....well heres an example...

You set up for the same movement you see voevoda doing except you put your hand in the highest position possible for your hand to go in a curl then you lean back slightly to make your forearm and hand perpendicular to the floor. If you try this with a light weight you will see that this basically has no effect on the biceps at all.

I hope I explained it right.

Sorry to hear about that tendonitis. Have you attempted doing any physical therapy for it? Have you tried training your shoulder complex in many different ways to make sure every thing is on an even plane and nothing is imbalanced?