Grip Contests

Matt Brouse

I recently tried a v-bar for the first time and pulled a decent number, looking at the "top" lists I did pretty well with both hands.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a consolidated list of grip comps. as they come up?

Like a powerlifter would look at the listing in PowerliftingUSA or a strongman would look at nastrongmaninc.com to find comps.

Are there any in or around MN, ND, WI, etc.?

(I have a feeling I am going to be told to search the board :calm )

Thanks for your thoughts folks, just getting psyched for grip stuff again...

Grip comps are pretty sparse Matt.

If you are really interested, you could do what I did and start organizing your own.

If you are really interested, you could do what I did and start organizing your own.

I'm thinking about it. Done with school this summer, just might do it.

On the UShandstrength main site I think there is a link to Brian Cartlon's email. He was one of the first guys to put on grip contests in the US, and he lives in Minnesota I believe.

If you want any help, I'll do what I can via the net and maybe if you are close to Brian he'd provide some assistance.

I believe Warren Tetting is also in MN. If near you, I bet he'd be interested in getting involved.

Yeah, in St. Paul. I bet the the local strongman guys would be down as well...might have to give that some more serious consideration in the next few years.

Thanks fellahs.

Matt

We could try to put one on,... maybe after a strongman contest. Carlton used to do it but hasn't for the last couple of years in MN

Damn! That would be great to have one in the area...I KNOW at least my brother and I and probably a few others would make it!