"out Of The Package" Im Cert For Coc

pdoire

I have read and heard about the "out of the package" COC Cert and am wondering if there is still someone who has recently tried the cert and had to go through this?

Last time I checked the IM site does not state this as part of the cert process. I am thinking of writing an e-mail to Dr.Strossen to clarify this once and for all!

Is it rumor or overreaction??

Your thoughts.....and facts...?

Edited by pdoire

I have read and heard about the "out of the package" COC Cert and am wondering if there is still someone who has recently tried the cert and had to go through this?

Last time I checked the IM site does not state this as part of the cert process. I am thinking of writing an e-mail to Dr.Strossen to clarify this once and for all!

Is it rumor or overreaction??

Your thoughts.....and facts...?

He Stated it, himself.

I've been wondering that too, as the actual rules don't say anything about that :blink

That is confusing.

Edited by Teemu I

Sent an e-mail to Strossen and he sent me this link.

So the answer is yes you MUST close a new one out of the package!

Look at the TEX HENDERSON section.

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/morenews.php?id=1631#1631

Edited by pdoire

OK, here's more proof, I just recieved an email from Mr. Strossen regarding my cert. It's not allowed, because the gripper although beeing unseasoned and unoiled and not one of my own wasn't pulled straight out of the package at the time of my cert attempt. So that's about it, I hope this makes things clear now. As for myself, it simply means that I will cert some time later this year and will be pounding away at grippers even harder than I have done so far. So it's only a delay for me.

Mr. Strossen was extremely professional, polite and encouraging in his answer to me. I do respect his desicion and I do think this new policy is good.

Sorry to hear that Teemu, yours was a good close!

That list will be getting shorter and shorter..seems a person would need to ba able to TNS an Elite at 2 3/4 spread and flush mounted minimum before even thinking about that cert.

Sorry to hear that Teemu, yours was a good close!

That list will be getting shorter and shorter..seems a person would need to ba able to TNS an Elite at 2 3/4 spread and flush mounted minimum before even thinking about that cert.

Thanks Paul, but I'm confident I am strong enough at the moment to do that, I've CCS closed two new ones out of the package. But I have to admit, that I do think to be sure, you'll be better of closing regular Elite with MM-set.

OK, here's more proof, I just recieved an email from Mr. Strossen regarding my cert. It's not allowed, because the gripper although beeing unseasoned and unoiled and not one of my own wasn't pulled straight out of the package at the time of my cert attempt. So that's about it, I hope this makes things clear now. As for myself, it simply means that I will cert some time later this year and will be pounding away at grippers even harder than I have done so far. So it's only a delay for me.

Mr. Strossen was extremely professional, polite and encouraging in his answer to me. I do respect his desicion and I do think this new policy is good.

Sorry dude, you will nail it though!!

In answer to the original question, I had a posting June 7, last comments June 11 called something like "Number 3 Certifications: the Real Story, Randy & Me". I described my AOBS experience and e-mail exchange with Randy. Remember, there were a number of "right down the middle" comments after that (Randy's reference to quality control on new No. 3's). The Tex incident at AOBS was the first done under the new policy.

Hbgzr

Sorry dude, you will nail it though!!

Thanks man, I will! :)

Aww man... sorry to hear that. :( Well maybe Bill will grant your video MM0 status?

In answer to the original question, I had a posting June 7, last comments June 11 called something like "Number 3 Certifications: the Real Story, Randy & Me". I described my AOBS experience and e-mail exchange with Randy. Remember, there were a number of "right down the middle" comments after that (Randy's reference to quality control on new No. 3's). The Tex incident at AOBS was the first done under the new policy.

Hbgzr

Tex certed on the #3 at the 2006 GGC.

Great attitude Temmu! You will nail it shut no doubt. Just like you did before.

Earlier this year, in response to increased stories about guys shopping around for the easiest old No. 3 they could find or cooking the spring, IronMind presented a challenge to everyone who requested certification on the No. 3: We would send a brand new No. 3 Captains of Crush gripper directly to their witness and it would be opened on the spot, for them to use for their official effort. This, of course, would eliminate any future attacks on the legitimacy of the person’s accomplishment and it is parallel to what IronMind has always done with its Red Nail certification, for exactly the same reasons.

So in other words, everyone that trys to cert would get a free #3?

Earlier this year, in response to increased stories about guys shopping around for the easiest old No. 3 they could find or cooking the spring, IronMind presented a challenge to everyone who requested certification on the No. 3: We would send a brand new No. 3 Captains of Crush gripper directly to their witness and it would be opened on the spot, for them to use for their official effort. This, of course, would eliminate any future attacks on the legitimacy of the person’s accomplishment and it is parallel to what IronMind has always done with its Red Nail certification, for exactly the same reasons.

So in other words, everyone that trys to cert would get a free #3?

IM keeps the cert equipment to preserve for posterity. You don't get to keep your bent Red either.

IM keeps the cert equipment to preserve for posterity. You don't get to keep your bent Red either.

You serious? That's kinda crappy.. I mean what if someone wanted it for sentimental value.

You serious? That's kinda crappy.. I mean what if someone wanted it for sentimental value.

I'm pretty sure. I remember watching Clay's IM Red Nail cert and at the end, the guy says something like, "Oops, I should probably keep that," and takes his bent nail.

IM has updated the rules now, as I said to Mr. Strossen if that new gripper out of the package-thing is the way it has to be done, they might want to add that to their actual rules to avoid confusion. So check again. You can keep the cert gripper.

In answer to the original question, I had a posting June 7, blah blah blah....................................................... The Tex incident at AOBS was the first done under the new policy.

Hbgzr

Tex certed on the #3 at the 2006 GGC.

Sorry. Yeah, I knew that. I should read what I tipe befour I post eet.

Hubegeeker

I'm pretty sure. I remember watching Clay's IM Red Nail cert and at the end, the guy says something like, "Oops, I should probably keep that," and takes his bent nail.

IM sent my witness 3 bars. We were required to send one back. So you can keep your cert bar, just send the 2nd or 3rd one to IM.

Greg