Dumb Questions?

Guest yactoid

Guest yactoid

I doubt I can even close a trainer, I'm pretty weak!

But maybe I can use a friends credit card and get them shipped here.

Are there any stores that carry the CoCs on a consistant basis?

On a related note, It seems as most of you have home gyms - where do you buy your plates? I'm looking for a cheap set up here, and sports authority hikes up the prices.

yactoid,

first of all definitely get the grippers from ironmind or weightlifter's warehouse.  

second, you can get used weight plates at "play it again sports"

third, in all seriousness crushing an egg in your palm is not impossible, if  you've never trained grip you probably can't do it, but I'd say most of the people who frequent this forum can crush an egg easily with either hand.

Yactoid,

To crush an egg between the tip of the index finger and the tip of the thumb ( the egg should be vertical ) is impossible. This is a scientific fact.

Guest JSallee

1- working on grip strength will toughen ones hand, but I work in surgery and scrub my hands with very harsh chemicals and stiff brushes several times each day at work.  so while hands are often very dry, my calluses seem to stay in check because of all of this scrubbing of my hands.  

my main workouts are mostly Olympic style (which causes some serious calluses), since I have started working in surgery I no longer have issues of tearing off calluses while lifting as I did before.  

So I guess I would recomend scrubbing with a stiff brush and warm water after workouts, and using lotion.  

2- I believe this one has been answered.

3- the egg thing has been done.  I posted pics of it and made a huge mess in my kitchen.   not to mention the waste of such a great protein as is the incredible, edible egg.

Jsalle

You must be holding the egg wrong, this is impossible. The egg should be vertical and held between the tip of the index finger and the tip of the thumb( look at the picture Wannagrip just posted of him holding the grippers, the egg should be placed where the furthest gripper is ). No other fingers must touch the egg, also the egg must be good (not cracks or defects in the egg) This takes a few hundreds pounds of pressure which cannot be generated by the index finger an thumb in this manner.

I urge you to have anther go