supergripper

Guest JoeQ1966

Guest JoeQ1966

does anyone know the poundage of the adjustable supergripper..I have one of these spring adjustable grippers with the 2 springs..I can just about close the hardest setting and I was just wondering what the rating on these things are.

thanks     Joe

Hi Joe,

I also have the Ivanko supergripper: just type it on google and you will find a site where the resistance settings have been calculated. If you can close the IVANKO supergripper with the highest setting then you could probably be certified on the #3 (and perhaps the #4 ??? with some more trainig since notches 12 and 10 require an estimate 345Lbs to close...).

If the supergripper you bought is not an ivanko then i don't know.

Note that i can barely close the #1 and i close the ivanko notches 8 and 6 (but i have trained more on it than on the COC).

omniexist :I was talking about the pressure at the tips of the handles (i think that it is ironmind's way to measure the resistance of their grippers) and not the PDA IP which is not measured at the tips of the handles and which is thus higher. I would also bet that a Certified COC which can only barely close an average #3 would not be able to close the Supergripper notches 10 and 12 : anyone to check this ?     :)

I personally think that it would be really interesting.

A last thing: i can close the #2 partially, a little beyond parallel, but can hardly move the supergripper notches 10 and 12...

I am very stubborn as you can see :D  :D

Guest JoeQ1966

thanks for your replies,I have the Ivanko supergripper and I am close to closing the 12,,10 setting.I can close the 11,9 setting but am just missing the 12.10...I am going to by the coc 2 and 3 grippers to work on since they are the grippers to be certified on..

thanks again.

Guys,

You can't just compare ratings given in in-lbs to ratings given in just lbs.  One is a torque measurement, the other is a pressure.  

Omniexist, the supergripper on its highest setting is much harder than ANY beefbuilder master, and probably harder than most #3's

A question: Is the supergripper a good alternative to the IM grippers for the financially challenged?  While i would someday love to be a CoC, im just starting out and I really cant afford to spend that kind of money on 3 or 4 grippers.  No I'm not some high school drop out, if thats what your thinking, I'm 16 and just recently un-employed again, so im not really rolling in cash at the moment.  The supergripper sounds like a good idea in my case.

I'd say the supergripper would give you a good foundation in grip strength.

I have a Supergripper, and I think you can get just as good of a workout on it as you can on a CoC gripper.  If getting certified is all that matters to you, then use the CoC grippers, but I think that the Supergripper will build just as much strength as the CoC grippers.

Matt

You really can't get a feel for the grippers UNLESS you have the grippers.  That's like saying driving your car can prepare you for driving a big 18 wheeler.  Ah.... no.  :(

The Ivanko Suppergripper will give you the strength if you train with it, but go ahead and get the grippers.  They will let you guage your strength on the SG.

Guest StrongerthanArne

Remember there is a huge difference closing the supergripper free handed compared to steady it against an object or the other hand.

I always steady it, the thing is so #### bulky. I usually hold the other side with my free hand. Still, the best I've gotten is 12,7.