Another left+right #3 closer (at the age of 20).

Guest StrongerthanArne

Guest StrongerthanArne

Today, at the Löddeköpinge Grip Challenge IV, Joakim Palmqvist closed a #3 left handed. With his right hand he closed a 437 ip PDA (after having closed a #3) which was the hardest gripper we had. I surprised myself by being only about 3 mm away from closing a #3 left handed (closed it right handed). Again, however, it did not help us that we dominated the gripper event as Kalle Lane walked away with the victory after two first places (pinch and Rolling Thunder).

Mikael,

Congrats to all. It sounds like another good contest. It's also pleasing I'm sure to see the performances increasing.

David

Guest 115-1005574997

congratulations Mikael and everyone else

sounded an excellent contest and further proof that competition pushes you to new levels of strength.

well done again

Guest StrongerthanArne

Scott,

This is very true. With my left hand I closed a gripper I had never closed before in practise. I pinched more left handed than I had ever done before and I did more in the Rolling Thunder (both right and left) than I had ever done in practise.

How many members on this Board are able to fully close CoC#3 with both right and left hand?

How many members on this Board are able to fully close CoC#3 with both right and left hand?

The funny thing is that I am stronger off-hand (left hand).

Arne- It is interesting that you posed this question, as some time ago, I asked Ironmind if they would put an asterisk, or some other signification next to a person's name on the Captains of Crush list for those who certified with both hands, or eventually would do so.  I think I spoke to Dr. Strossen's wife, and she said that they did not think of doing this.  I think it would be rather interesting to see how many Captains of Crush are actually able to close the #3 righty and lefty.   When I first certified, I could only close a #3 righty, but a few months later was able to close it with the left hand.  Again, I really think list a list of certified ambidexterous #3 closers would be interesting for Ironmind to accumulate.  Maybe they will, but if not, it would be something for the IGC and Tom Black to consider, of course.

Guest Youngguy

Oh goody, I forgot to let you guys know that I close the #3 left-handed yesterday.

Then I ripped a 2" phone book, and bent a 60d nail.

All this after my strength traing with weights.

When I grip train, I train BOTH hands equally.

However, I am not able to close the #3 with my left hand, although I'm very close to doing so.  I think it has to do with balance, or technique or SOMETHING that I haven't figured out just yet.  ???

Oh goody, I forgot to let you guys know that I close the #3 left-handed yesterday.

Then I ripped a 2" phone book, and bent a 60d nail.

All this after my strength traing with weights.

Mike, most find they are stronger grip wise after their regular weight workout.  There is another post recently where this was discussed.

When I certified, I sent in pics for both hands.

What other grip training?

You mean from lifting weights?

That was my point. Most find they are STRONGER after lifting weights and then doing grip. So, doing grip after and stating lifting tapped you before grip work won't likely get any applause on this board. ;)

Wanna..... I don't know what we would ever do without ya!  :p