Pinch PR

RiotGrip

Well,  I just came upstairs from my basement, from a short grip workout, and I just about jumped for joy when I lifted the two 15 kg (66 lbs) plates about a foot off the ground with a two finger pinch.  I realize this is not world class, but it is definate progress for me since I started to pinch grip about 2 1/2 months ago.  I'm not sure how much better this is than getting the two plates normally, but you guys are the only ones I can really share this with who can appreciate this feat (If it is actually a feat :blush ).

Nice work!  That's a pretty hefty pinch.  What kind of weights do you pinch with all your fingers?

Only 2 and a half months of pinching, that's great progress!  What kind of workouts are you doing?

Very impressive, that is very quick progress on the plate pinch for such a short time.  I'm curious too, what did your workouts look like?  I am shooting for two 35's this year, but with all my fingers    :p

Thanks guys, I'm happy about the two finger pinch, however I can't quite yet manage 80 lbs with all my fingers, but I hope to soon.  As far as my workouts go I've just been doing heavy pinch singles and some holds once or twice a week, and I occasionally work with block weights.  A big key to my progress was putting a standard 14 inch dumbell handle through the olympic sized hole, and adding gradually to the pair of 10 kg plates that I have. I think that it would have been much slower for me if I had to work with only the 10kg and 15kg plates.  Also, my crushing grip was fairly strong when I started to pinch seriously, so that may have something to do with the quick progress.