Who is Ben Read?

Nathan Say

Is he one of those guys who competed in one of those old nail-bending contests? He looks like an oldtimer that everybody should look up to.  :)

Nathan,

Ben is primarly a nail bender, but he has done other notable strength feats. He's not a competitive athlete but rather a strongman who has exhibited (for charity) his abilities over quite a few decades now. His visit to our nail bending champs and his very interesting seminar will be featured in the next issue of Iron Grip.

David

Dave Gentle did a write up on Ben Read in his 'Just Rambling' section of my mag. PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Guest woody36

Steve,

Could you not give us a general rundown of the

article? i'd like to know some of his feats as well please!

Much appreciated

Ray.

I deleted it so I'll give you the edited highlights by reading it from the mag - hang on.

Ben, blah blah. 70 years old, does most stuff these days for  charity, several mentions in Guiness, bad accident when young - left him with a 'gammy' leg, Dave G used to train with him 50 years ago.

More... Used to put on fake wrestling matches in pubs for a laugh (him and dave). Includes two nice pics which i still have on the hard drive (wanna they're both black and white you want them?).

Thats it, no real mention of feats