Quick Mi Contest Results

Bob Lipinski

Very very hot with no AC and horrible humidity. The friction lifts were down across the board.

Ryan Klein won, less than .2 margin between him and Dave Thorton.

Dave pinched 205, best of the day. Slippery, slippery stuff. Ryan Klein did 680 total in the vbar, 340+340. Dave Thorton did 340+320. Ryan was about a centimeter from getting a good 350 vbar. Vbar was down 20+pounds with the LGC bar across the board from the humidity.

Ryan Klein was about a half second from a 402.5 axle pull. I managed 21.25 in the hammer.

Ryan's total weighs out to 693.66.

Dave's weighs out to 683.66.

Pinch weighs out about +/- 1 pound, I will work out full results later.

Referee was Greg Guthrie, national level powerlifter and ref. For the vbar he was laying on the ground, and I joined him for the big lifts.

Congrats to all - sounds like another great contest!

Great work Bob...good looking competition. Well done to everyone!

Nick

A big congratulation to Ryan for winning the competition and to Dave for finishing a close second. The vbar totals are very good regardless of humidity. Hopefully next year you will not compete in a sauna again. Pulling a total of 310k (Dave) and still 'only' finishing second says a lot about the quality of the competitors in the vbar.

Ryan's total weighs out to 693.66.

Dave's weighs out to 683.66.

Pinch weighs out about +/- 1 pound, I will work out full results later.

Good work, everyone.

-Jedd-

Congratulations to Ryan. He worked hard bringing up his lifts, and is still improving. Looking forward to seeing what he does in the future. The conditions were very humid, which definitely hurt the v-bar and Euro Pinch.

Couldn't ask for a better Conest, the win came down to the last event, 5 lbs on the DO 2" Axle.

The most impressive lift of the day, other than Bob L. and the levering was Jeff Flynn "AP" and the Inch. Out of no-where Jeff gets the Inch over his head and just holds it there. Very impessive, Jeff is not much over 200 lbs. , definitely one of the lighter men to have gotten the Inch overhead.

Way to go Jeff !!! Details? Video? Wild stories from witnesses? Come on - the Inch overhead deserves a story, especially from a "normal" 200# guy like Jeff and not some 300# monster - that's an awesome feat of strength. Congrats again!!

Congrates to Ryan for the win!! sounds like an action packed finish. Also way to go Dave and all of the guys.

Good job everyone.

One quick detail I messed up on- Dave totaled ~673, not 683. Will get more details out tonight.

Sounds like it was a great contest, wish I could have been there! Nice job evereybody on the lifts!