Who Is Coming To The Mi Contest This Weekend?

Bob Lipinski

Just curious.

I think I can count on-

Ryan Klein

Dave Thorton

Jesse Reimann

Jeff P

Jeff Flynn

Anybody else?

Smashed my right index finger between 2 pieces of flagstone at work on friday and its swollen to twice its size right now, looks like I will loose the nail as well. I was at a long drive contest today and could not grip the club right and did terrible. I am really hoping that it will be healed enough for the contest. I dont mind competing through the pain, but right now I can't even close a gripper with my right hand due to the swelling, but I would think that will go away in a day or so. Ill update you with how its healing. If I can go, I will bring my hammer set up though.

Whooo! I'll be there for sure!

Lets see if my thickbar got any better even though I didn't train it, it couldn't have gotten any worse!

I'm sorry Bob but I won't make this one. We have to watch the grandkids until Friday and the wife and I are going on vacation starting Sat for a couple weeks. After a 5 and 1 1/2 year old for a week, we'll need a vacation.

Gotta take care of momma cause you know what they say - If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! Only thing I've been doing is climbing - not much grip strength left for training after that anyway. Just want to wish everyone a PR filled day - you all have fun now.

I'll be there, hopefully with Jeff Parker if his injury improves a bit.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Should be a good one. R. Klein is very capable of breaking records in both the v-bar and the axle.

I don't think it is, I will have to check.

C'mon anyways! It will be tons of fun.

Hah, I know I'll have fun. I'm trying to convince her she'll have fun. The chance to see WR class performances on the v-bar and axle deadlift haven't sold her. Nor did the prospect of meeting one of the top 75 bench pressers in the world. I tried telling her about Don, but sometimes girls just don't get it!

So far, the best I've come up with is the Super 8 has a heated pool. That and offering to pay for the whole trip including meals almost has her sold. I'm gonna keep quiet about the air for now.

My wife will also be there hanging out, so she could have someone to talk to.

Kalamazoo is only about a 1/2hr away if she needs a break from the contest. though coming from Chicago, Kalamazoo might not be that impressive. There's a few lakes around Three Rivers, I don't know if there's any good beaches around there.

You don't want her to get too bored because you want to be able to stick around for the fun after the contest!

I just made reservations for two luxurious nights at the Three Rivers Super 8! Putting a little overtime in at work this week, then cutting out early on Friday to drive up with the fiancee. We'll spend Friday night doing stuff for her, then Saturday it's grip contest time :D I'll have to see how my shoulder feels with v-bar, but all the other events should be good to go. Shame I haven't been training much this past month.

well, my finger is still swollen big time. I tried grippers today and could not even close my #2 right handed. A few weeks ago I closed the HG300 that I got at the last contest for the first time, and a few days before my injury I was able to get 4 singles in about 5 min with the HG300, which is harder than my RB240N that I can rep easily now, well, not any more, until my finger gets better. I also tried vbar. After finally hitting 280 right handed, 90 pounds today caused me great pain and for blood and puss to leak out of my finger. I was really looking forward to this contest, but some things just arent meant to be. As soon as it heals up, I will train hard for the next one.

Now everyone set some big PRs, I am looking forward to reading about it!

Jeff