IM Outer Limits Loops

RiotGrip

Since it was mentioned in my post about working out with Rick Walker, I figured I'd elaborate a bit on the Outer limits loops.  On Sunday at Rick's place, I lifted 60 lbs on the outer limits loops (each hand).  I realize this is a decent poundage, but I am curious if any of truly elite gripsters on this page have these loops, and if so what kind of poundages can you lift?  As far as I can recall every post dealing with these loops has failed to include an actual poundages.  I've included my max, so any input would be appreciated.  Thanks. :p

Wannagrip-

my fingers barely fit into those things and his fingers were much larger then mine-I would say finger tips, not even above the nail.

Rick Walker :hehe

For clarity's sake wannagrip, the bottom part of the loophole was not above my nail.  But the top part of the loop was below my mid-digital-interphalangeal joint.

I've never heard of anyone using that much by the way.  Was your wrist bent or straight?  In other words, no downward bend of the wrist.

The joint of my wrist was bent at roughly 10-15 degrees from parallel, almost straight handed.

I'll also add, that I couldn't do more than 20 lbs properly when I first got the loops, and I used 7.5lbs to really train my extensors against a resistance.  I think the thing that holds people back on this exercise is the fact that thier extensors, especially the interosseous muscles inside the hand have never been exposed to any kind of resistance greater than gravity.  Once they've "learned" to exert force, they have a decent strength potential.

Try it straight wrist. No bend. See if you can still use 60lbs. Keep it locked and straight.

Anyone else do more than 60? I've got aways to go myself before 60! :) I better get to work!

If you mean bent wrist as in scooping the weight to make it easier, I don't do that, all my fingers point straight down, and the loop itself is paralell to the ground.   But if bending the wrist at all gives you an advantage, then I'll try it completely straight.  Maybe I can get some pictures.

Guest reid73

Wow 60lbs is awesome..I have been useing the loops for a couple of workouts and have seen some quick improvements but Im still useing 15lbs for 10 second holds ..I couldnt even imagine useing 60lbs..for the record I keep my wrist locked and muscle the weight out in front of me .

James

For the record I tried it last night straight wristed and I was still able to pull 60 lbs with each hand.  I'll send wannagrip some pictures as I don't have a scanner to post them myself.

For the record I tried it last night straight wristed and I was still able to pull 60 lbs with each hand.  I'll send wannagrip some pictures as I don't have a scanner to post them myself.

Impressive for sure!

Yes, please do send them.