microloading magnets

dyoder16

Some cool magnets to use for microloading are being sold on ebay.  They look like they'd be great for increasing on plate curls and hub lifts and stuff like that.

Item #1354936260

Adding a bit at a time is good for that stuff, but I'd get some regular 2.5lb lates, cut them in half or something & holdd themm on with duct tape. I would be way cheaper that way I think.

I was actually thinking of supergluing or "J.B. welding"  some half pound and one pound washers on to the magnets so I could use them as homemade "platemates" for everything.

Now that the weather is getting nicer, you might also want to check out yard sales. I just picked up a set of weights for $15 that also included, among other things, Milo 1 1/4 lb. weights.

Train smart!

Guest kINGPIN

Hey guys, don't forget my little tecnique of going down the scrap yard and ripping the speakers out of cars and taking the magnets out of them- very cheap.  Weigh them up, lebal them and use them.

Originally that was what I was going to do, but this seemed easier than scrounging for them.

They are more than I expected.  They aren't the usual 'fridge' magnets.  Just three of them will hold a 2 1/2 lb. plate with no slipping at all.  It takes some oumph to pull them apart, so I won't need to go through putting adhesive on them or anything.

kINGPIN,

Its nice to hear from you again, I was beginning where you were and if you had left us. :)

Strongman are the b1.25 lb plates compatable on olympic bars. I must have them if they are. Is there  a site for the yard sale.

Strongman, I didn't mean sell yours but thanks for the web address.