Strongest Wrist, Hand And Forearm

gripuru

My question here is who in your opinion has or had the greatest hand, wrist or forearm strength in armwrestling.

I don´t know much about armwrestling but my votes goes for: Cleve Dean in hand strength, Voevoda in forearm and could be Brzenk in wrist or Cleve because his wrist measure 10 or 11 inches.

Thanks and best wishes

JOHN Brzenk IS PROBABLY THE MOST DEDICATED ARMWRESTILER THAT EVER LIVED AND A GREAT ONE BUT MY OPINION I THINK IF CLEVE DEAN WOULD OF MADE ARMWRESTLING HIS NO ONE PRIORITY INSTEAD OF FARMING HE COULDNT BE BEAT MOSTLY BECAUSE OF HAND SIZE I SAW EVERY MATCH ON TV WHEN HE WAS ON TOP AND NO ONE COULD GRAB HIS HAND I SAW HIM LOSE TO BOBBY HOBKINS THE FOOTBALL PLAYER AND CLEVE BEAT HIMSELF :whistel

Everyone loses at some point, in armwrestling.

If hand strength and hand size were THE most important thing in armpulling, then Rob Vigeant Jr. would be beating everyone right now too. Totally different phisique than Cleve Dean, but he got to MM level 3 in 2004, many people state having seen him closing the #4 and even inverted, etc, etc, and he does have one of the largest hands actively armwrestling... yet he loses to some people. People with smaller and weaker hands, most of the time.

Cleve Dean was VERY dominant, but not unbeatable. I wouldn't even know who to name as to who has the strongest hands, or forearms, or wrist.

I would like to see pictures of Dean's hand up close... I've seen him, but not with anyone else or an object to compare. It does look kinda OK for his body, but then again, he was like 400+ pounds and like 6'8" ? So I gotta see that hand next to a "normal" person's hand to compare.. =)

In Florian´s gallery there´s a picture were he compare his hand to Cleve´s. Florian hand is 7,5 inches

I thought Flo's hands were bigger than 7.5" I thought I'd even read Franky post something like "and Flo doesn't have small hands". Regardless of Flo's handsize, you should see the pic, it's ridiculous.

My vote would have to go to Dave Patton based on his winning over 30 world titles--Aaron

I think some peoples oppinion on Cleve's hands has to do with the fact there so big. Thus making it harder for them to get a grip on his hand. So there strength would be less effective against his hand because there strength is greatest on a normal or slightly above normal sized hand.

I think someone with a smaller hand and destroys someone of worldclass calibur who has a larger hand should get more praise for his hand strength. Rather than some guy with a monster hand that has an obvious leverage advantage hand wise.

I thought Flo's hands were bigger than 7.5" I thought I'd even read Franky post something like "and Flo doesn't have small hands". Regardless of Flo's handsize, you should see the pic, it's ridiculous.

My handsize is 7.5", Josh.

It's not only the length of Cleve's hand, it's the mass, that is so impressive. Compare his pinkie with my thumb, then you know what I mean.

Hand comparision

Wrist, forearm and handwidth

Just want to put the name SHARON REMEZ in the discussion. He is famous for his incredible wrist strength. I heard about dumbbell wristcurls of 125kg or something like that. But I don't remember the source and more details. His coming back will be this weekend at the european armwrestling championships (I heard about that). It will be interesting to see him going against the strong guys from eastern europe.

Just want to put the name SHARON REMEZ in the discussion. He is famous for his incredible wrist strength. I heard about dumbbell wristcurls of 125kg or something like that. But I don't remember the source and more details. His coming back will be this weekend at the european armwrestling championships (I heard about that). It will be interesting to see him going against the strong guys from eastern europe.

It will be very interesting to see what kind of damage he can do to the other top european pullers.

I saw him pull on the "Golden Arm" and the Swedish Championchip and he played with everyone.

A friend of mine got to meet Sharon in his second match at the SN, and he pretty much gave up as soon as he felt the power of Sharons hand&wrist as they gripped up, Sharon let my friend hit first ,and then he smiled and put his hand to the pad :D .

http://www.skanningearmbrytarklubb.se/bildmed/sharon.jpg

I heard Remez will pull 90kg class at the euros this weekend.

WOOOOW! Cleve's hand sure is something!!!!!!

Florian, I saw in your gallery you got about 1/2 inch close on the #4 2 years ago? How close are you now??

• 3 months later...
I believe David Horne is arm wrestling; he'd have to be pretty high on the list for grip, wrist, and forearm strength.

if hes still armwrestling i should put him on the top of the list for hand strength!!!! maybe in the top 3 for wrist/forearm strength (only for wrist curling things not for levering!)

• 7 months later...

Looks like a pretty good way to train. I like the wrist curl hold on the end of a barbell...looks like it might hit rotation pretty hard as well. thanks for the pics!

I believe David Horne is arm wrestling; he'd have to be pretty high on the list for grip, wrist, and forearm strength.

None stronger in that department.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a newbie so my opinion counts for little. However, I'd like to say that I think (keyword here: I just *think*, but don't say IT IS like this!) that even if a guy like Horne could wristcurl more than any other human being on a standard barbell, it doesn't mean that nobody can bend their wrist back in a AW match. There are some pullers that I've NEVER seen pulling with a flopped wrist. Even the very best sometimes lost their wrist and pull with what it's known as a "limp wrist", and some are even nearly unbeatable with that style (Jerry Cadorette for example). So, if this is a "strongest wrist in ARMWRESTLING" list, I think the list should start with some other names above Mr. horne. Btw, wasn't he into AW for a while? Did he do any good?

depends on how you're measuring the strongest: feats of strength vs. who can bend whose wrist on the table

Same principal can be applied to the forearm and hand part as well

Yes I armwrestled for a few years, winning the British Champs, and placing 11th of 23 at the World Champs in the 100k class in Gydinia, Poland.

David