Michael Daly - how did you do?

Guest scott essery

Guest 77-1005097254

Scott.  Yes, it was a great experience, although i had mixed fortunes. Out of 16 competitors i finished in sixth place over all and third out of the novice competitors. I only did 15 secs!! in the deadlift hold. The best time was around 37secs by Paul Porteous. The van was very heavy and a few of the guy's could not lift it. I was disappointed though because in training i am usually within 5 secs of Paul.

This was "competition" though and you "must" be ready when your time comes. I am looking forward to improving in the next one.

Michael.

Guest 115-1005574997

Congratulations.

You shouldn’t be disappointed as you did your best and you beat 10 people!

It takes a lot of guts to compete and anyone can pull off a big lift in there quiet, comfortable gym.  It takes a lot to do your best in front of a crowd.

Well done.

Also, 15 seconds was a better hold than those who couldn’t even deadlift the van :)

Looking forward to seeing you in August mate.

Michael,

Well done!!!!

Remember that you were probably one of the lighter competitors there.

See ya in August, David

Congrats - Paul was the guy I thought had won last years Blair Atholl. As the others have said not #### bad for a first showing.

BTW: how much did the van weigh?

Guest baldy

Way to go Michael, third place in the novice category sounds really good. Also like David said, you were probably lighter than many of the other guys. I am sure this experience will prepare you well for the next time.

Congrats again on your performance.

Guest 77-1005097254

Thanks very much guy's, I really appreciate the encouragement!!

Steve. I don't know what the exact weight was but its usually around 300kg but some thought it was much heavier.

Thanks.

Michael.