Wrist Training

Armbender

I am trying to develop my wrist strength in the upward direction so that when i hit with a lot of backpressure in a toproll move i dont dump my wrist. My wrist is fairly strong turning over.

Right now i train 2X a week on hand and wrist using a 2 1/2" PVC pipe doing lever lifts from the side and from the front.

To develop my wrist from dumping should i be doing more static holds or continue to do reps and let it develop over time.

To develop my wrist from dumping should i be doing more static holds or continue to do reps and let it develop over time.

In short, both.

I do everything but also would recomend some static holds. The heavy handle or looping a towel over your knuckle and doing hammer curls with that put your wrist in the same position as you would while pulling. Keep the sledge workouts but add in one of the above so you develope strength with your wrist cocked as you would on the table. Hope this helps. God Bless

Austin

Thanks guys. I was considering the towel hammers. I think ill throw that into some of my workouts.

Cheers

Work extensors on your thumb aswell......try to get them strong. Might help you get just that little bit more when you need it.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally did it. Some guys at work were screwin around with my # 1's and they asked me if i could close the #2. I said I was close and picked it up to show them. I didnt even set it in my hand and crushed it. Man it felt good to get that first click out of the way. Cant wait to start repping it. Not too bad for being 128lbs......

i would use all kinds of equipment one of the best is an bike innertube grab it by the hand or hook your thumb in it and pull and armwrestle it springs and weights work great you get somthing out of tubes and springs you wont get from weights also hammers from front back and side left and right wrist only hammer curls and preacher curl and table curls and you should see an improvement in a month good luck if you do stuff no one else cares to do you have a better chance to win :mosher

I've not any stregth to do the twist movement of the wrist in the top roll so if someone make a little of backpressure i always fall in a hook... my only weapon is a quick start.

What kind of exercise do you suggest?

My wrist strength in frontal direction is not bad..

THANKS to all!!! :D

I've not any stregth to do the twist movement of the wrist in the top roll so if someone make a little of backpressure i always fall in a hook... my only weapon is a quick start.

just my imput im no expert but if you do the move you are talking about and add extra weight springs tubes or what ever do wrist curls plate curl for finger strength you will get stronger just dont expect to get super strong in a couple months it takes time and a bunch of work but if you turn it into a priority you will get good good luck in your training if you do fall in a hook you can build up your bicep strength and get out preacher curls are my favorite arm exercise with weights and cables for all the angles

Take a strap with weight connected to it. Wrap it around you hand AND thumb and pronate. It's a good exercise to help defend against getting hooked and also getting out of one when your there. If you don't undertand I can explain some more bicio. Just send me some PM's and I will try to help.

I think I have problems in my wrists. If I extend my arm forward, palm facing up, make a fist, and curl my wrist.... it kinda wants to curl to the inside, and not completely straight up front. This causes me to have problems doing wrist curls with a straight bar, I believe, so I use dumbells and do wrist curls individually. I have to compare with others to see if they can bend it better than me.

I think I have problems in my wrists. If I extend my arm forward, palm facing up, make a fist, and curl my wrist.... it kinda wants to curl to the inside, and not completely straight up front. This causes me to have problems doing wrist curls with a straight bar, I believe, so I use dumbells and do wrist curls individually. I have to compare with others to see if they can bend it better than me.

Your saying your pinky side wants to come in farther than your index finger side? If so I think that is very common with just about anyone in the world. Thats one of the reasons I always do wrist curls with a dumbell.

• 10 months later...