2 Welsh COC's today

Guest NathanHolle

Guest NathanHolle

Got certified this morning, one of my brothers also.

Whilst at Chris's house he performed a few feats,

a pinch grip clean and press with a 80lb+ steel block, approx. 4x6x12 inches. I had a feel of this  weight but could only manage to pinch it to knee height on the 4 and 6. To witness Chris flinging this block around with such terrifying ease was truly mystifying.

Chris cleaned to shoulder his 172 lb 'inch' dumbbell replica, cold no warm up, spur of the moment. After he stripped it down to 140 lb I managed to clear it off the ground to knee height. He showed me pictures of the time he pressed over head the cast 172 lb inch dumbbell after the OHF dinner.

Cleaned and press with ease a water filled keg barrel, pressing it out 3 times.

Chris got out his old #3, I closed it, they feel different to new ones, more slack at the start, but harder to shut.

Chris James truly is a super strong and super nice guy. It was also a pleasure to meet another very strong man, Chris's dad Edward. A great day, certified in the morning, and an afternoon in the presence of a very knowledgeable iron game historian. Also Edward told me that Chris has closed his #4 to under 5mm.

Nathan

Congratulations on your certifications. That's very impressive. What I want to know is, what's in the water in Wales to make people so strong? I have always been a big Gary Taylor fan. Also, how long did it take you from the time you got your #3 to be able to fully close it?

Guest NathanHolle

Paul,

thanks,for the #3 trying now and again, it took about 3 months. A couple more months till I could close it for reps.

About the water, maybe boron :)

Roark,

yes. A plate loading inch replica, one handed clean to the shoulder, right infront of my eyes!

Nathan

I have told a lot of people how strong Chris is. I will ring him tomorrow to have a chat. I hope I can get him up for the grip champs.

Nathan,

Congratulations! Are you interested in competing in this years grip champs?

David

Congrats!

Who was your official witness dictated by Ironmind out of the group?  Chris?

I'm with you nathan. I know I'll do it in a relative short time and a motivation for me is the fact that many are getting certified. So, I have to close it soon if I want to be in the first 100. There should be around 75-80 right now. Better hurry ... :crazy

Tou, how's the progress with the #3?  You have been real close for a while.  You see it closing in the next few weeks?

I hit 1/8 consistently and got closer 2 days ago. I shoot for september 1st but I believe I can do it a few weeks from now.

One thing is sure : I'll have one heck of a reaction when the handles will touch.

Tou,

Once those handles touch.... you'll never be the same!!  :D