What's your favorite thick-bar?

Guest Christian

Guest Christian

I am looking for a nice thick bar to perform my bench/oh press, reverse curls, barbell curls, and possibly deadlifts.

What's your favorite? Why?

Welcome to our board Christian,

In answer to your question,my personal favorite is the Appollon's Axle by Ironmind, it is really a great all around bar for all the major excercises, is virtually indestructable,works your grip,and just plain feels good! It is a good companion to the Turks (thick dumbells) by PDA. The Axle weighs 33.3 lbs unloaded,the Turks 15 lbs each. You can't go wrong in your purchase of either one of these! ;)

To health,

JJ

Guest Christian
Welcome to our board Christian,

In answer to your question,my personal favorite is the Appollon's Axle by Ironmind, it is really a great all around bar for all the major excercises, is virtually indestructable,works your grip,and just plain feels good! It is a good companion to the Turks (thick dumbells) by PDA. The Axle weighs 33.3 lbs unloaded,the Turks 15 lbs each. You can't go wrong in your purchase of either one of these! ;)

To health,

JJ

Thank you very much! Weight equipment is a rather large investment and I like to research as much as possible so I know I am getting exactly what I need!

I like my 2" bar.  Who made it, I dunno, it was free, 2" diameter, 9' long and 100lbs.  Go to a scrap yard and find a cheap one.  I think a thickbar is a thickbar period.............