Hey Fellas

Clayton

Hey guys, I'm back after a short trip, in case anyone missed me.  Went back to the old home town to visit family and friends, and had a good time.

While messing around in my uncle's barn, I found a couple of anvils.  There were two, that he said weighed about 50, and just over 100 pounds.  I was able to lift the smaller one by the horn and by the face, but the bigger one was too much for me.  I couldn't even budge it.  This may be something I'll have to work on.

After seeing the Sorin video tape, I want to include anvil training in my grip workouts. I need to go anvil shopping, maybe this weekend!

I was wondering where you were, anvils are tough stuff......

Guest baldy

Scott, good to have you back. About that heavier anvil, if you couldn't deadlift it by the horn then there is no way it was only 100 lbs. Maybe he meant 300 lbs.

Guest Jeff Roark

Good to have you back Scott. I got worried so I came looking for you. Now about the 150lbs pinch are you going to start gunning for it again?

Good to be back guys.  I only deadlifted the small anvil.  Now I kinda wish I had tried to snatch it, or clean and press it overhead.  

About the pinching.  They just opened a new gym at my school, where I work out.  All of the plates are those rubber coated ones, with the little built in handles.  Not the best for pinching.  So, I'm gonna work with the grippers for awhile.  And, instead of pinching, I think I'll start really gunning for big weights on the softball lift.  Also, maybe some bending, because it's pretty fun.

Clayton,

Do you recall if the larger anvil had 3 numbers on it's body?

If there were, I can tell you what it weighed. That is if you are interested.