Pinching

oso

I made a homemade pinch board for two hand or one handed pinches. I think it's a 2x4. I always use chalk on the lift but was thinking that I could lift more if I had a better grip with like grip tape or something.

Question: If I lift like I do now, will it be worse/same/better than lifting with grip tape?

If nobody gets that, here's another way I could ask it...Say you have 2 pinching blocks. One being very gritty and easy to grab onto, and the other being pretty slippery. say you could pinch 100 pounds on the gritty one, and only 75 on the slippery one. will the extra weight give you a better workout if you are able to gain on both blocks?

I have not been pinching for long, but i'd say the extra pinching strength needed with the lighter weight and just chalk wil probably be a better workout than heavier weight with grip tape.it appears that griptape would have an unfair advantage in the pinch.like cutting grip lines in a blob or using tacky with grippers.just my thoughts. :cool

Train with smoother stuff, but not too smooth. Basically, not polished metal or nothing, more like, chalked, old plates for pinching. I'd stick with what you've got for now, for a long time all my pinching was on wooden blocks.

Thanks for the replies, I'm trying to find out the best way to gain the fastest in pinching. I wish I could just use the plates, but too bad they're double grooved.

I made a homemade pinch board for two hand or one handed pinches. I think it's a 2x4. I always use chalk on the lift but was thinking that I could lift more if I had a better grip with like grip tape or something.

Question: If I lift like I do now, will it be worse/same/better than lifting with grip tape?

If nobody gets that, here's another way I could ask it...Say you have 2 pinching blocks. One being very gritty and easy to grab onto, and the other being pretty slippery. say you could pinch 100 pounds on the gritty one, and only 75 on the slippery one. will the extra weight give you a better workout if you are able to gain on both blocks?

To me, your talking about two ways to skin the same cat. It's all about effort, right? I say train both ways.

Thanks for the replies, I'm trying to find out the best way to gain the fastest in pinching. I wish I could just use the plates, but too bad they're double grooved.

Are you talking about plates you already have?

Yeah, but I can't use them for pinching since they are double grooved, so I put them on the pinch block I have.

Yeah, but I can't use them for pinching since they are double grooved, so I put them on the pinch block I have.

I gotcha! Have a safe 4th!

:cool