World Record One Handed Pinch Grip

stratavarious_connection

So, who owns the record in gross poundage for a one handed pinch grip ( regardless of the diameter of the implement?! David Horne or Mac Batchler? thanks ahead of time.

Would any one-handed pinch lifting have been done under official circumstances in recent times?

Unofficially, Mac holds it, correct?

You cannot compare the 2.

Until people compete on an equal playing field,hense the invention of the adjustable pinch setup.

Who is Mac Batchler and how much did he pinch, using what implement? I never heard of or just plain don't remember the guy.

-Jedd-

Mac Batchelor was a bartender in LA (I believe?). Unofficial world champ in armwrestling in the 50's and 60's. McCallum talks about him in Keys to Progress. Ferociously strong hands and wrists. I'm sure Joe Roark can fill in more, my copy of Keys to Progress is packed away.

Seems to ring a bell - thanks Doc. Is he the guy that was featured in MILO a while back doing fingertip holds with long-neck beer bottles?

-Jedd-

Someone posted on here a couple days ago that Mac B. one hand pinched 160+. No specifics on the setup. I also recal Jeff Maddy doing 130+ and I believe I saw the pic in an old Milo but have never found it again.

Someone posted on here a couple days ago that Mac B. one hand pinched 160+. No specifics on the setup. I also recal Jeff Maddy doing 130+ and I believe I saw the pic in an old Milo but have never found it again.

Milo Vol. 6 Number 2 September 1998. Page38, shows a pic of Maddy one hand pinching 127.5. Maddy used 2 45`s smooth side out with additional plates for the 127.5. This is the only pic I recall of Maddy in Milo. I would guess he could have lifted more since 1998, but who really knows?

Seems to ring a bell - thanks Doc. Is he the guy that was featured in MILO a while back doing fingertip holds with long-neck beer bottles?

-Jedd-

That sounds right as it was one of his feats.

From Super Athletes...Batchelor carried an 80 lb plate in each hand for a distance of 30ft.

He also pinched a steel facing plate? weighing over 100lb at the Douglas aircraft plant.

Ray

In the Dale Harder book, Sports Comparisons: You CAN Compare Apples To Oranges... Dale lists the Mac Batchelor pinch feat as the greatest feat of grip ever points-wise, since it is listed on a points scale -- BTW, the Joe Kinney #4 close ranks as a very close 2nd on the list.

O.K., I dusted off my copy :cool and looked at page 94, entitled World Records In Gripping lists Batchelor's feat @ 920 points, Kinney's #4 feat @ 900 points.

Batchelor's feat was done in 1948, BW about 300+ pounds at a height of 6'1".

NOW... just as a comparison to THAT -- Chad Woodall's awesome WR in the v-bar @ the GGC would rank at a mere 700 points. Dave Morton, if he can rep the #4 gripper correctly 3 times would rank @ 1000 points on the scale. :ohmy

Alright!! Some of you people RIGHT NOW are angry :angry: or confused :blink or are probably rolling your eyes at what I just said :rolleyes --- just remember this: I didn't write this book. Dale Harder did. I am merely relaying what is written in the book itself. SO... don't shoot the messenger because you didn't like the message. That is all! :tongue

Snott, does that mean Morton's rating is actually in the book or that is a presumed point rating? Additionally, what exactly is a correct close....no set, minimum set,and/or fully opening and closing...what?

Snot - I have never heard of Mac B's lift other than your mention of it. What was the lift done on? Who witnessed it? etc.

Thanks.

Snott, does that mean Morton's rating is actually in the book or that is a presumed point rating? Additionally, what exactly is a correct close....no set, minimum set,and/or fully opening and closing...what?
Snot - I have never heard of Mac B's lift other than your mention of it. What was the lift done on? Who witnessed it? etc.

Thanks.

Ask member name 'oldtimer' who is Dale Harder.

strat - NO, what the book does is list 3 reps with the #4 gripper as being worth 1000 points, or in other words, a perfect score. I was saying that IF Dave could do that now, his feat would rank higher in terms of grip points than Batchelor's pinch lift according to the book.

Wade - good questions. No, the specifics of the lift that Batchelor performed are not recorded in the book other than his height, his weight and the year he did it -- they may be found maybe somewhere else though.

Steve - you're right - I've dug a hole for myself; the only person who could answer ALL the questions on this subject is Dale Harder himself. I got the book on a whim and thought the section on grip was very interesting! :) IMHO, the book does need to be updated as records change quite frequently.