Did A Pushup On My Fingers

Joaorv

I remeber trying these some time back and not beeing able to. Was a while back, my hands are much stronger now.

Is this hard at all? at 121kg is not too shabby no? What you think of the finger pushup? were the fingers in the right position? First time doing these.

Floor was a bit slipery on the finger tips, next time I'll chalk or use a rougher surface.

fingerpushup0gv.th.jpg

http://rapidshare.de/files/24542350/30-jun...pushup.WMV.html

I remeber trying these some time back and not beeing able to. Was a while back, my hands are much stronger now.

Is this hard at all? at 121kg is not too shabby no? What you think of the finger pushup? were the fingers in the right position? First time doing these.

Floor was a bit slipery on the finger tips, next time I'll chalk or use a rougher surface.

fingerpushup0gv.th.jpg

im not too sure, im about 115 kilos n can do these pretty easy, also on 3 fingers / dont train them - when i did train them i was lighter but repping out with 1 finger / thumb

ill guess its pretty good but not amazing...??

Fingertip pushups are great for conditioning the fingertips for potato crushing . I can also do one on one finger and a thumb at 210 BW. You've got some strong fingers if you can do these at 250+ viper.

Edited by Wes

These are very useful for injury prevention. I didn't realize how useful they were, until I stopped doing them awhile back, and then recently jammed the shit out of my thumb. It has been a few weeks, an it is still occasionally giving me problems, though none at the moment. Once I'm sure it has healed, or maybe at times when it doesn't hurt like right now, I'll start doing fingertip pushups again, b/c if I had been doing them I'm sure I wouldn't have hurt myself in such a mundane way.

Fingertip pushups are great for conditioning the fingertips for potato crushing . I can also do one on one finger and a thumb at 210 BW. You've got some strong fingers if you can do these at 250+ viper.

humm..

didnt think they were all that hard to be honest wes - i have got strong fingers though, so thats probably why - i plate curled a 35 first time trying, split 7 or 8 potatoes first day doing them etc

Edited by viper

im not too sure, im about 115 kilos n can do these pretty easy, also on 3 fingers / dont train them - when i did train them i was lighter but repping out with 1 finger / thumb

Good is good enough for now :)

Since you didn't comment the form, i assume its prety ok.

I'll try and do it without the pinky, then without the ring finger... and then probably break my fingers hehe!

Well, it was fun doing it :)

Potato crushing? i'll have to try that some time. i'm guessing you crush it by squeezing, no poking witht he finger tips.

These are very useful for injury prevention. I didn't realize how useful they were, until I stopped doing them awhile back, and then recently jammed the shit out of my thumb. It has been a few weeks, an it is still occasionally giving me problems, though none at the moment. Once I'm sure it has healed, or maybe at times when it doesn't hurt like right now, I'll start doing fingertip pushups again, b/c if I had been doing them I'm sure I wouldn't have hurt myself in such a mundane way.

Nice, i'll try and do them once in a while for conditioning. This was the first time. I suck at pushups anyway, so kill two birds with the same stone :)

If it was a difficult thing for you to accomplish and you worked to get it, it doesnt really matter how easy or hard it is. Good job on it, now "head down arse up" as they say and get back to work!

Edited by quazimodo

If it was a difficult thing for you to accomplish and you worked to get it, it doesnt really matter how easy or hard it is. Good job on it, now "head down arse up" as they say and get back to work!

Thanks :) It certainly wasn't easy, i couldn't do two in a row. But it's not something i have worked for. I have been bending nails (chacing the yellow), closing grippers (nailed the N.2) just recently bought the telegraph key (2 weeks) and some other grip stuff.

I had not tried these in a long time and when i had tried them my hands just went flat. so beeing able to do it now was a prety nice surprise :)

I will try and play with it once a week and see if i can improve on it ;)

Edited by Joaorv

Thanks :) It certainly wasn't easy, i couldn't do two in a row. But it's not something i have worked for. I have been bending nails (chacing the yellow), closing grippers (nailed the N.2) just recently bought the telegraph key (2 weeks) and some other grip stuff.

I had not tried these in a long time and when i had tried them my hands just went flat. so beeing able to do it now was a prety nice surprise :)

Dnt forget pinching work. It seems to me that you need to have stronger fingers and tendons. Grippers wont really give it to you on the same degree has pinching (this is correct isnt it?)

Good is good enough for now :)

Since you didn't comment the form, i assume its prety ok.

I'll try and do it without the pinky, then without the ring finger... and then probably break my fingers hehe!

Well, it was fun doing it :)

i think form is something that depends on the person in general - personally i like to keep the fingers a little wide so it works them more but if i was looking to do a good feat id keep them in close an have a high bridge to make it easier

Potato crushing? i'll have to try that some time. i'm guessing you crush it by squeezing, no poking witht he finger tips.

Nice, i'll try and do them once in a while for conditioning. This was the first time. I suck at pushups anyway, so kill two birds with the same stone :)

potato crushing or splitting has only happened with the use of the finger tips as far as i know - many people consider crushing even smaller spuds without the finger tips to be close to impossible

What you usually do is split the potato into a couple pieces and then crush them. I don't think anyone has ever "crushed" a potato outright. That would be INSANE!!

What you usually do is split the potato into a couple pieces and then crush them. I don't think anyone has ever "crushed" a potato outright. That would be INSANE!!

it will be done

didnt think they were all that hard to be honest wes - i have got strong fingers though, so thats probably why - i plate curled a 35 first time trying, split 7 or 8 potatoes first day doing them etc

Try and do either handstand (freestanding) or planche frog presses.

A frog press is where you get in a pushup position and then with no momentum press your fingers into the ground and rise up into the fingertip pushup position. All fingers must stay in contact with the ground and the press must be made in one motion (no arching the palm up first).

I don't know if there is a name for those so I just call them frog presses.

Gorilla Hands has done it....

I thought David split the potato and then crushed the halves? (in his tutorial he says to close grippers with your fingertips, which implies that he dug his fingers in?) I'm talking about just grabbing one and squeezing it like a thickbar and crushing it. If he did, then he is more of a monster than I thought he was :bow:

Dnt forget pinching work. It seems to me that you need to have stronger fingers and tendons. Grippers wont really give it to you on the same degree has pinching (this is correct isnt it?)

Been doing a bit of that too :) at home on weekends i do bending and grippers and leveraging etc. and during the week at the gym i do some open hand stuff, either wrist roller, rolling thunder or block/ plate pinch or hub lift. I'm prety knew at all this. matter of months devoting myself to real grip stuff. Loving it though! :)

i think form is something that depends on the person in general - personally i like to keep the fingers a little wide so it works them more but if i was looking to do a good feat id keep them in close an have a high bridge to make it easier

ah, i thought up was harder. i think the floor was realy too slepery! :)

not bad. Can do maybe 5-10 of those myself, and few with 2 fingers a hand with waist on floor...

it'll be a bit before i can start removing fingers hehe

About the patato... just goes to show how litle i know hehehe. So split the patato by digging the fingers into it, sounds doable :D i might ruin some patatos and tell my wife i was trying to cook mash potatos haha

I have been doing regular flat hand push ups for past year and a half...100 twice a day 3x a week as i dont lift weights. i'll probably add fingertip push ups on my off days from the feedback re: grip.i dont have access to your video but sounds good. ;)

fingerpushup0gv.th.jpg

Joarv,

Hey man, nice job. Congratulations for accomplishing something you couldn't do previously. I sucked at push-ups as a kid and probably still do. Fingertip push-ups, for me, seem pretty unlikely. However, I have been doing exercises the last couple months that I have never done before, so who knows? Regardless, your progress has inspired me to incorporate push-ups into my workouts, with the intention of working towards fingertips.

Thanks for sharing. And keep up the good work.

Steve

fingerpushup0gv.th.jpg

Joarv,

Hey man, nice job. Congratulations for accomplishing something you couldn't do previously. I sucked at push-ups as a kid and probably still do. Fingertip push-ups, for me, seem pretty unlikely. However, I have been doing exercises the last couple months that I have never done before, so who knows? Regardless, your progress has inspired me to incorporate push-ups into my workouts, with the intention of working towards fingertips.

Thanks for sharing. And keep up the good work.

Steve

Glad i could give you some ideas :)

Put some work into to it and im sure you'll nail it sooner than you think ;)

Edited by Joaorv

I thought David split the potato and then crushed the halves? (in his tutorial he says to close grippers with your fingertips, which implies that he dug his fingers in?) I'm talking about just grabbing one and squeezing it like a thickbar and crushing it. If he did, then he is more of a monster than I thought he was :bow:

Here is a good thread about proper potatoe crushing. You are supposed to dig your fingers into it.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtop...l=potatoe+crush