Men (LG Hand) - 170 lbs

Impressive numbers overall.

Very nice presentation of the results.

Excellent work as usual Jim.

Some huge numbers on the V-bar :bow

What were the weights for the RT??

Women - 60 lbs

That's a good weight for me....... :whacked

Great job Jim. Sorry I couldn't make this year's.

170 on the RT might not sound like much...but coming in as the last event it was very challenging...as I didnt even get the danged thing off the floor.....but now I will buy me an RT and get started training on it.. Smitty nice job there buddy...have any idea when some of the video will be done?

I think you are right. In a straight comp not so bad not so good but after medleys? Much harder.

Smitty and Jedd really put together a world class event here. Sorinex and the Diesel Crew go together like a hand and glove, what a team! Sorinex is a strength lover's dream, if you have not been there do yourself a favor and go. Scott and Jonathan helped make this thing come together.

As for the competition, man where to start, Chad showed some real focus and was simply unstopable! Jedd, Dave, and Chad dominated the Blob. The Vbar event was full of intensity, you just had to be there. They nearly brought the house down when Chad pulled the WR. Scott kept up with the big boys on Vbar, what's this 185lb dude doing pulling so much damn weight!!??!!??

What a thrill it was to be cheered on my my Dad, Dr Strossen, Sorin, Jeck, my buddies, and a bunch of other folks! This will be one to remember for all time. Kevin pinched 190lb at a BW of 160lb, are you kidding me?! Kevin just started training grip, he's one to keep your eye on for sure, congrats on your Diesel Award friend! I'm very impressed with Bert, how many strength athletes would venture into a grip comp for the sheer love of competing, even though specific grip work is not his thing? Many of the very powerful guys out there just refuse to do it, because of their fragile egos. Bert is a real man, plain and simple. My wife also has the hots for him, I think that's why she comes out to these things, but that's another story..........

Congrats to Scott and Tommy, it was so much fun competing against y'all! I loved the final RT showdown between me and Scott to settle the score and establish top spot- what a rush, I pulled twice as many RT reps in that 60 sec than in any of my training. But it still was not enough, Scott smoked this event and overtook my #1 place for the win! Of special note is Scott's win here because just 6 months ago he was broadsided by a Taho, his shoulder was basically torn from his body. At the Tar Heel comp in Feb 2006 Scott could scarcely manage to put on his own shirt, but he was there helping with judging. And now this.................what else is there to say?

Edited by anson

Well done everyone!

It's great to see that everyone has embraced the pinch and the V-bar as the standards. With Ironmind mentioning the record in their news section we're on our way to some sort of standard events. This sees for the first time an American at the top of one of the lists. With the competitors at hand and the people involved we would be close to seeing who are the top guys in the world in competition based on record lists and results in top grip competition. Surely this is the way forward??!

Only David's incredible Pinch record remains out on it's own now. Certainly we are seeing some results to show just what is required to win a World Class grip competition. These would be, a 100kg plus pinch, 160kg plus V-bar and a No.3 shut with both hands. The bar is definitely being raised!

Nick

Sounds like a great contest. Wish I could have seen it. Congratulations to all. Chad--what a great vbar mark. Looking forward to photos and video. Chris--congrats on a new age group pinch record! At 50+ that's smoking! Way to go Richard Sorin for hosting a great contest, Bert for competing out of your normal arena, and to all the Diesel guys for their organizing effors. I'm definitely going to give you guys a nice writeup in my small but homey newsletter. All the best to the bunch of you.

Wow! Everyone lifted real solid! Congratulations, guys and gals!

Very good, well ran Contest. Excellent group of competitors. Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen. 3 top 10 pulls with the Euro Pinch. 5 top 10 pulls with the lgc v-bar.

Edited by David Thornton

• 2 weeks later...

How were the points given out with the gripper event?

How were the points given out with the gripper event?

1 point gain per gripper. sport=1, trainer=2....................#3=7, elite= 8, Rb300= 9, #4=10. like so.

max 10 points per hand. average of the 2 hands for score.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Tommy will be back stronger than ever next time, this group of events may not have been his best ones but he came anyway and did his best for that day, unlike a lot of people who stayed home because of it. I don't think he trains just the events but does a lot of different things - if Tommy just specilized on events before a contest - look out.

These grippers were contested under IronMind rules. There is a big difference between pausing to place a credit card between the handles and using the momentum of the off had to set the gripper to parallel. Plus, these grippers were nothing to take lightly. They were all challenging for their level - no mush was sitting on the table, believe me.

-Jedd-