Diesel Crew Sorinex Global Grip Challenge

Jedd Johnson

Smitty and I just got back to the hotel to relax for a bit after setting about 90% of the stuff up. Man, it is a great looking set-up. Sorinex is a wonderland of grip - no kidding. I never saw so many grip toys in one place. Richard and Bert Sorin have really taken care of Smitty and me, and have afforded us all a great complex for the goings-on tomorrow.

Contest starts at 10. We'll be there at 8 to put the finishing touches on.

Every single weight plate theat we are using has been weighed to the ounce on a certified post office scale so we are set in that department.

Probably won't be able to sleep much tonight because I am so excited, but once things start getting picked up at Sorinex tomorrow, i am sure i will come to.

If anybody has any questions, call us at 607.857.6997. if we do not answer, be sure to leave us a voice mail with your number (esp. if it is blocked) and we will call you back. The directions on the end of the GGC rules document are perfect, so just check through them and you will have no problems getting there.

I think that's it. thanks again to Richard and Bert for all your support and assistance today!

-Jedd-

Nice work to you and Smitty, Jedd. I'm sure everyone will have a lot of fun...good luck all!

Nick

Good job!

There should be some very high quality lifting.

I hope to see the standard rising once again in the vbar and pinch top 50 lists.

It is becoming something of a challenge just getting on these lists as we are having more and more competitions.

Europe/Australia is slightly ahead of the USA in the pinch at the moment (28 out of 50 places on the top 50 list and with a slightly stronger top 10 showing). The USA is however close enough to be within striking distance as we head into tomorrows competition.

The situation is much the same in the top 50 vbar list.

Quite remarkable that one single country is almost on level with all other nations combined in grip competitions in these two events.

Good Luck Everyone! Hope on seeing some big numbers :rock

Loads of pictures of the compound - everything. If I cannot come I wanna feel like I was there! :rolleyes

Enjoy guys! Set some records! :rock

I am in Bert's office right now typing this, but will not have INET access out in the lifting area. If there is a break, I will be back for an update.

Everything is perfect for this one, hopefully we'll get some good lifts...

The Sorinex complex is awesome and Richard and Bert has been very incredible with everthing.

Hammerhead's trophies are sick, hand twisted scrolling of some of the thickest bars I have seen..

Chad Woodall won the large hands. Scott George took the small hands division.

A huge congratulation to Chad for winning the large hands division and setting a new WR in the vbar with 173.5k (assuming that the weight included the bar itself; if not it would be closer to 175k).

I think it is fantastic that WR's can be set and internationally recognised in two events now.

Also very wise tactics by Chad to raise it a little bit rather than risking it all by going for some insane numbers.

Excellent win by Scott in the small hands division. I am not surprised by that one as Scott has always been a well rounded competitor and this is what it takes to win competition.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

WoW...this was another excellent competition put on by the Diesel Crew and the Carolina Crew. Also, a BIG thanks to Richard Sorin for hosting it at his historical contest venue...my hat goes off to all of these men and anyone else that I may have missed that had a hand in this competition.

Also, a BIG congrats to all the competitors...as we all pulled very hard and everyone hit a lot of PR's...and we all just had a blast at the after cookout enjoying some fantastic BBQ and watching Hammerhead do some insane long bar bending :rock

I am resting today :whacked

Later Men,

Chad

Chad got that pile of weights up, and then had one more lift left. He broke it off, but the back did not clear the hind board. It was amazing. Very happy to see him accomplish such a lift. When Chad lifts the v-bar, he dominates it like no one I have ever seen. Dave Thornton would have had another good chance at taking a piece of the record, but he ended up damaging his palm skin a little. Scott George, Anson, and I all lifted a 365 neighborhood lift - I do not remember exactly what it was.

GREAT JOB TO EVERYONE! THANK YOU TO RICHARD AND BERT FOR THEIR KIND HOSPITALITY, AND THANK YOU TO SCOTT GEORGE, ANSON CASTELVECCHI, JON CREASON, AND BUNCHES OF OTHER PEOPLE who helped load waits, shoot film, move stuff around - this was an incredible team effort, and I really appreciate everyone's support. BIG THANKS TO DR. STROSSEN FOR HIS CONTINUED SUPPORT OF OUR ENDEAVORS. ALSO, OUR SPONSORS ONCE AGAIN TOOK CARE OF US, PROVIDING SOME EXCELLENT PRIZES - Fat Bastard, TPS, Dan Cenidoza, John Scribner, IronMind.

I haven't slept in over 24 hours, so I am hitting the sack. There will be more details later.

-Jedd-

I just got back, we drove all night, I am tired.

I will get the calibrated vbar total for Mikael soon.

Thanks to everyone above and to Scott and Anson. It could not have been done without the huge undertaking by these two great guys...

Congrats Chad!! Well done everybody, some huge numbers on the V-bar!!