Bbb Ii Info Up At Last

John Beatty

You'd thing I was busy or something, but all the info except hotel is up. I'll have the hotel info up next week. 20 spots.

Same entry fee, same amazing brisket by chef John & prizes 1st-5th.

Entry form in on the page.

Plan to stay after & play with other toys & drink a few beers, too.

I have the woodburner in & functional, so if it gets cold, it's not an issue.

Events are one-handed?

However I assume you may use both hands (eg alternating) in the blob medley?

Scott-

The events are not necessatily in order yet.

Franky-

One handed & you may alternate on the Blobs, but not 2 at a time.

Edited by John Beatty

These events look cool, bro! I want to come, and with GGC over with already and nothing going on in September and October, I think I will be able to make it this year. Thanks!

-Jedd-

I think I will be able to make it this year. Thanks!

-Jedd-

Whoa,

I guess I really have to come now! :)

I will be there this year...I have heard this is one heck of a contest put on by John. I am looking forward to it.

I have fixed the entry form guys! I think this will be quite the fun show. Looking to see my 4th place finish turn into a bottom 3rd this year, there's going to be some monsters out.

With no weddings in the way this time, I'll be able to make my first competition and steal the last place honors from someone else. Looking forward to it!

John, would you prefer a check or paypal for the entry fee?

• 2 weeks later...

John - for those of us who have never had a chance to try the Hercules Hold - what size are the handles and what kind of weight are you talking about. What might you relate that to - example - a farmer walk weight or dead lift weight - just curious what I'm getting myself into.

Climber, the herc hold is an awesomely fun event. I did this event at the Monsters of the Midwest this year. IMO, it is the best test of supporting strength out there. It is like holding a pair of farmers, but all the stress is on your hands. A lot of guys say they feel it in their chest and traps, but I didn't. It was purely grip strength.

Chris-

I'll get measurements at big Tony's show next month & build it. I want it to be tough enough to go 20-30 seconds for the average guy (me), then the better guys will get close to 1 min.

6" handles, roughly 500-600lbs weight per hand....... :inno

1 3/8 handles, about 300-350 to a hand.

Edited by John Beatty

I can see my "ape index" growing a few inches after this one - I always wanted to try one of these things - 600# per hand sounds pretty heavy to me but what do I know - maybe the torque or angles of pull or something makes it feel like less - :whistel I hope

Wow, I had no idea the average man could even do the HH. I just figured if you weren't a top level strongman you would basically get torn up if you even tried it. I can't wait to try this. I just want to have a pic of myself doing it, if only for a couple of seconds, just to show the grandkids someday.

I can see my "ape index" growing a few inches after this one - I always wanted to try one of these things - 600# per hand sounds pretty heavy to me but what do I know - maybe the torque or angles of pull or something makes it feel like less - :whistel I hope

Ape Index?? :yikes

I easily can see how we will be much better deadlifters after that event! :mosher

Franky - if you measure the distance between your outstretched fingertips (kind of like the Hercules hold position) and then compare that to your height - you have your "ape index". For example, I am 74" tall and it's 79+ inches between my fingertips - this gives me a 5+" positive "ape index". After the Hercules hold - that may increase some :blink. I may be a "knucke dragger" afterwards. People have negative, even, or positive ape index's - I have no idea what difference it makes in anything except to say I have some pretty long arms.

Guys, the Herc Hold is a pure grip event. Pro strongmen do well because they have strong grips ;)

Work your timed holds guys. This is just as much a mental event as it physical; at least for me.

I've never noticed it anywhere but in my hands & forearms. Anyone can do it, you just have to have strong hands.

This has nothing to do with anything but now that it's been brought up - what are some of you guys "ape index" just out of curiosity?

This has nothing to do with anything but now that it's been brought up - what are some of you guys "ape index" just out of curiosity?

Cannot chart mine Chris :inno

72" tall, 76" wingspan

70" Tall, 74" Wingspan

6' 1" for both.

Does that mean I've pretty good evolved from the ape status? :tongue