Deadlift Lockouts

The Mac

I have recently decided to focus on Deadlift Lockouts as an all-round power/grip exercise. Over the past few weeks I have spent a great deal of time trying to work through all the variables I could think of involved in this lift, so I would like to ask if anyone has any comments/hints/warnings they could give me ?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

WARM UP

Do 5 mins of stationnary bike and a lot of back, traps, biceps and shoulders stretching before getting in the rack. Once in the rack start at 135 and do high reps (15-20) add plates progressively and don't try to max out before a few weeks (4-5). The deadlift lockouts are brutal and can break your back, traps, shoulders and biceps if you put on weight too fast.

I do DL lockouts in the first 6-7 weeks of preparation for my regular deadlift training. Here's how I do it :

week 1 : 135 x 10, 225 x 10, 315 x 10, 405 x 5, 495 x 5, 585 x 3, 675 x 2,

Same pattern for weeks 2 to 7 but I go higher on the weight. I also throw in top weight singles around week 4. I work up to 1000 lbs with straps and 900 without straps.