Small Goal Achieved!

Geo

I closed my Elite for the first time tonight! It must be said that it was closed in a choker set to 34mm or just over 1 1/4" but something Ive been trying to do for a while now. Next goal is to remove the choker and close it.

The last three grip workouts I have backed off the amount of work done and have stuck to no more than 5 attempts. This small change has seemed to of worked well though. :cool

I closed my Elite for the first time tonight! It must be said that it was closed in a choker set to 34mm or just over 1 1/4" but something Ive been trying to do for a while now. Next goal is to remove the choker and close it.

The last three grip workouts I have backed off the amount of work done and have stuck to no more than 5 attempts. This small change has seemed to of worked well though. :cool

Great work Geo! :rock You're very close now...actually might be able to MMS close it right now because 1.25" is a decent width on the choker stuff. How are you coming along on the COC cert?

Nice work man :mosher

Nice job! You'll have to give it some squeezes with a MMS now! :rock

Good job man.. once you can get that mastered on to the CoC #3

A BB Elite is actually quite a bit harder than a #3.

Good job Geo! :rock

George,

Good for you man!! I have watched your log for quite some time now.

Hey, really explode on that Elite in the choker, then take it out and remember to MMS it and to continue to really EXPLODE on it and it will be yours !!!!!

I stick to no more than 7 on my strength days. On my volume days with the next gripper down it's between 15 and 22 reps.

I'd say it depends but mine is only just harder than my 3 which I am told is a touch tough.

I stick to no more than 7 on my strength days. On my volume days with the next gripper down it's between 15 and 22 reps.

I'd say it depends but mine is only just harder than my 3 which I am told is a touch tough.

A touch tough! That thing was forged in hell!

Thanks for all the encouragement guys it is appreciated! :rock

Paul + stalwartsentinel- Thanks! yes the next goal is MMS without the choker. Maybe put my super elite in a choker now.

Ben - Hey thanks Ben. I havent tried CCS for a couple of weeks now last training session I did CCS attempts they went from 8mm to 3mm out to one attempt ( the second attempt I think) that was close enough that I couldnt see if it was closed or not. The strapholds helped a lot I think.

Don't cut the volume out. do what you did in the past. train volume and lower the amount of work. then again go back to high volume. I know this will work for you because it helped you close the Elite.

Nice Job George! :rock

Timmy - I did go for MM0 a long while ago but my camera at the time wasnt up to the job and kept on blurring on the close /too dark etc. I do have a new camera now however and as a MM set with the 3 is usually quite attaianable for me I wanted to set myself the further challenge of doing it with a CC width set. Just to keep it interesting! :D Obviously this is still work in progress however very close. Im a paper thinness away from CC set.

Alawadhi - Thats what I was planning on doing - Not cutting out the volume but in the future having lower volume workouts for a week or two then going back to higher volume.

Dutch - Cheers Bro!