Finally Got Another Bending Pr

bencrush

So it's been a while and I have been hit and miss with the Grade 8 since the first one back in March. That one was done DU. I have since done about 10 Grade 8s DO but like I said it has been very hit and miss for me. Some days I will melt Grade 5s DO and others it takes everything I've got.

So although it sounds like I'm bitching I'm not. I think I've finally figured out how much rest I need in between bending sessions. Seems that 7 days is about as close to perfect as I can get. I just have a hard time holding myself back that long. But I hope to not make the mistake of bending before 7 days has passed from now on.

I had a very mediocre bending session about 8 days ago and then managed to rest 7 days before bending again. That worked wonders for me!

Bent a Grade 8 in 13 seconds DO! :rock For my level of strength that was just blasting through it. Got it on video and my form FINALLY looks like I am improving slightly. Still not pretty. But it's getting the job done. :cool

Then I cut a Grade 8 to 5 and 7/8" and bent that for a new length PR in 22 seconds. :D I know that it's only 1/8" shorter but I have continuously failed on any cut down Grade 8s for some reason before this one. So I figured I'd start improving my shortest Grade 8 bend by micro increments.

Failing miserably on 7" square (FBBC) and Reds still.

I don't think I have the strength yet to do them, but I am also working on bending some 7" lengths of 1/4" CRS to get the feel for the longer stuff. And I bought some 3/16" stock to cut to 7" and tape to the 1/4" CRS to see if I can bridge the gap that way.

I've watched all the bending videos I could find this past week to get myself fired up for a fast Grade 8 bend so thanks to everyone here who's ever filmed a video of them bending! :rock

Awesome job! Any improvement gives you a lot of confidence. Keep it up and the square and red will fall sooner or later.

Ben, I was the same way. There was 2 things that I couldnt handle, bending sessions close together, and volume. Neither of these really worked for me.

I liked doing 1-8 bars, 8 being my absolute top day. As for rest, I was def the same as you. I played with my rest times but 7-11 days is how many days I need off between sessions both bending and grippers.

Awsome PR! Good to hear your moving forwards again. Red is in your site now. You have any stock between a G8 and a Red? I was using 5/16 Zinc coated to work on my kink for the red. Kink is harder than G8, rest is easier. The workout before I bent my first red nail or 2 workouts before was 5 inch G5's for 10 kinks.

You have any vids of you bending?

By the sounds of it, if you can start the bar you can finish it. Work that kink to death and your Red will fall.

Strong bends and GOOD LUCK!

Nice PRs Ben. I know how you feel about the red nail and better. FYI I feel that I am an expert on 5/16 CRS Isometrics. :laugh

One day it will give way!!!

Thanks a lot guys! Chasing all the great benders is tiring work... :D:bow

MT, thanks buddy! Responded by PM due to the dumb video I didn't want others to see. :blush

Nice work Ben. I have had a lot of the same problems with bending, gains have come very slowly. I bent my first grade8 and FBBC square stocks in the same workout one right after the other a have never hit the both of them in one work out sense the first time. I'll melt one, and then only be able to kink the other. It makes no difference which order I try to bend them in, I keep getting shut down.

Keep up the good work. :rock

I SEE REDS IN YOUR FUTURE BEN!!!

You are on the right path man and quite creative in the 3/16" taped to the square to bridge the gaps. I like it man you are doing great. Keep it up, the Red will fall in no time.

-Sean

Hells no Ben, I think you should post that vid. If anything, you have a sick song playing in the background.

Maybe even some of the GB babes will pm you!!! *wink wink nudge nudge* haha